• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old character bard need updating?

G

Hiya I made a bard 5 or so years ago, back when healing and fencing suddenly had value. I returned to the game after a long break and have been playing with my bard and wondering if I should update her template? I had my tush handed to me multiple times by a changling and I just feel kinda weak. I know I need to work on peacemaking etc but was thinking maybe I should drop healing and pick up chivalry, disco or something? Any advice would be great!

Fencing 103
Tactics 100
Anatomy 99.7
Musicianship 97.1
Provocation 91.2
Healing 82.6
Peacemaking 66
Magery 25 (for recall scrolls)

Her stats are
Strength: 110
Dexterity: 83
Intelligence:42

Any tips?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This template is rockin:

120 music
120 disco
120 provo
120 medit
120 magery
120 evalint

But if you want to be a warrior an archer is the best choice.

I

imported_Farsight

Two possibilities:

The first is to keep your melee skills and limit the barding skills. In my case, that turned into keeping music and discord and then having fencing, tactics, healing (90), anatomy(90) and some chivalry on the side. It works brilliantly in PvM, especially when fighting big things with a team.

The second is to keep the barding skills high then exchanging the other skills for something that compliments that. For example, my very old bard has the four bard skills plus magery and meditation. Quite frankly, there isn't much you can do with only 2 skills to add potential damage to a bard template.

My personal favorite is to have provoke, discord and music and adding EI, magery and meditation... But that would pretty much change your entire template, and would be easier to do on a brand new character.

So for your character, the easiest option would be to keep music, maybe provoke and discord while dropping peace and magery and adding chivalry. You still won't be able to kill changelings (bards tend to do poorly against them), but nearly everything else would be fair game.

5% Luck

Id try

120 music
120 provoke
105 discord Easy to find a discord +15 ring or brace
120 fencing
100 tactics
70 chivalry
65 focus

Swap out the discord boost as needed for the high end mobs and carry slayers weapons for wwhat your doing and youll have a very efective template. It maybe that the mage tends to the bard templates a lil better but damage wise youll out do any mage/bard. Thats if ya can get the feel for this template.

For high end mobs the 120 scrolls are very nessasary for the bard side of the template but the warrior side may be able to stave off with 110 or 115 for a while. Also try some combos where ya drop the focus for magic resist or parry.

P.S. No need for any magery(0) while casting recall from scroll any more!

J

joblackjon

Since you've been gone a while: do you know about Soul Stones...things for holding and transfering skills?

G

Wow thanks for the advice everyone. I really appreciate it and now have a goal!

I am not sure what soul stones are though I have seen people using them as decorations around their homes. You can swap skills with another character? Is it permanent?

J

joblackjon

2 kinds of SoulStones (SS): "A Soul Stone" (unlimited uses) and "A SoulStone Fragment" (5 uses). Both come as a token and once activated are bound to the account that activated. So the actual SS stone is useless for any other account. If buy an SS, only buy as a token.

You can store a single skill (only 1 at a time) on a SS or use as a way to transfer skill between chars on the same account. After you empty a SS of it's skill, you can't use that particular SS until 24 hours has elapsed. The SS Fragments have only 5 "Empties". If you have, say, 120 Magery on a SS, you can only pass the skill onto a char with room for 120 Magery (120 Magery Scroll).

These things are so dang usefull. I have 36 Full SS and 18 SS Frags on 2 accounts. For example: I have a full set of Mage, Tamer and Bard skills on SS. I can put any combination of those skills on single char instead of creating a Tamer/Bard char, a Mage/Bard char, a Tamer/Mage char and a Tamer/Mage/Bard char. A lot less time spent training skills!