• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OKTriton Build

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I popped a lower end of my Keep the Triton Standard the other day. The 88 Energy Resist was almost a deal breaker caused him to get dumped but his other stats were good enough to make him a viable primary pet on one of my second string Garg tamers. Despite the 88 E Resist I decided to keep him instead of release him.

triton a.jpg
triton b.jpg
triton c.jpg

He ended up pretty much exactly where I figured he would with the final training round.
Tritan 1.jpg

Tritan 2.jpg

Tritan 3.jpg

I was shooting for one that would be good against single targets and OK at mixed MOBs. SO did Chiv and FWW and tossed Goo on just because. I could have went straight Chiv and spent the FWW/Goo points on a bigger mana pool and more HP, I am not of the school that you need more than 700-750HP and a if I have the training points left over I will spend them on getting ideal Int and a larger mana pool. Personally I see no difference in the long fights between 100 Mana and 500 mana beyond the opening minute or so before the big mana pool is drained and relying on the pets MR. So I will take more mana or leave it, just a non factor for me so long as it is over 100.

I run every 5 slot pet I keep and train through my personal Gauntlet to make the final decision as whether the pet is worthy of remaining in my stables.

I start out easy on the pet with soloing a Lurg with no vetting or primer help. Followed by a swoop with the same rules on vet/primer.
Lurg Owned.jpg

Swoop Sown.jpg

I make it more difficult with the Rend Test. I ended up having to run Consume on this Rend he was hitting at machine gun speed and like a 20 pound sledge hammer. And spamming bandages was not even coming close to keeping up.
rend.jpg

I got a nice chest at the end of the fight though :) IMO Rend is the toughest of the ML Named Mini Bosses. And a must beat on the pet gauntlet proving tour.
rend a.jpg

Next up A Solo of Navrey. NO ROCK DROPPING! It is a longish fight solo with any pet. A Tritons Phys/Energy Damage is not optimal but acceptable for the spider.

Navrey.jpg
The outcome of this fight could be seen early on. No need for consume and there was no need to even vet. The tritons healing was keeping up with the damage. About half way through I started running Beserk just to speed the inevitable up. The Tritons mana was a total no issue as he healed just fin, kept EOO going and regularly dropped FWW, Consecrate Weapon and AI. Chiv/Tactics is not high enough for the big hits yet but was hitting pretty regular 150-170 AIs. I probably should have skipped Goo and put it into higher INT and a bit more mana pool and the Goo is handy for keeping mixed mobs angry at the pet and bringing them into the FWW circle.
Triton FTW.jpg

And then I got caught in the Navrey trap that I always do.......... I like killing the spider and ended up bring other pets in need of skill training and spending most of the night cycling 20 of the other tamers through training their pets up while the OKTriton Tanked for them. I have a OCD Disorder with Making Tamers LOL every time I get a 120 Tame and Lore and Primer 3 I feel totally compelled to build another legendary tamer. LOL I think I am up to 98 Tamers now With this one being the newest LOL A High Luck Necro Tamer.

sniths hammer.jpg

I Love my tamers and I love building pets for every occasion. I do it a little different than most in a lot of the builds particularly in the HP and Mana realm. A LOT of my pets only have 500-600HP and I run some of the hardest content with them. Sometime today The Triton will face the final test of the Gauntlet and face off against a T Rex. I can already say he will win, it will just be a very long fight running consume and tossing the occasional bandage. But it still must be done LOL.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Thinking to toss away Triton with 129wrestling and high resist just because 88energy is ridiculous. There are so many ways to use it.
I personally prefer fighting non-vetting tamer but this beast is nice for any template. Just choose right elemental resists for what you want to fight.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking to toss away Triton with 129wrestling and high resist just because 88energy is ridiculous. There are so many ways to use it.
I personally prefer fighting non-vetting tamer but this beast is nice for any template. Just choose right elemental resists for what you want to fight.
At some point you will have so many tritons with 129+ Wrestle and a more than a few with 130 that you will get real picky about what you keep. Or maybe that is just me and I am nuts :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At some point you will have so many tritons with 129+ Wrestle and a more than a few with 130 that you will get real picky about what you keep. Or maybe that is just me and I am nuts :)
I think you were able to get the 80 fire and physical, so that's what matters. I use 200 starting strength to determine if they can get 2 magics.

I always put 10 stamina regen on them. What is yours?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you were able to get the 80 fire and physical, so that's what matters. I use 200 starting strength to determine if they can get 2 magics.

I always put 10 stamina regen on them. What is yours?
Yeah his str was low in addition to the 88 resist. He is not horrible but not a epic one by any stretch. He passed the gauntlet and will be a good one for one of the Garg Tamers. Think you may have ran through Navrey Last night after I was done testing and was cycling through other tamers and pets LOL. I typically put 10 but had to go 9 to fit the 120 med scroll on him. I always put 20/30 HPR/MR on the pets unless it is a novelty 2-3 slot pet then I skip the MR