• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Okieville's Gone Loco

S

SSniffleslam

Well, for those of you who don't know already, I live in a podunk (yes, I said podunk) college town in Oklahoma, and it's officially gone crazy around here. Last night we had tornadoes (not that unusual, right?) but tonight on into this weekend we're gearing up for a late March SNOWSTORM!!?!?! What in the world! Maybe there is something to this whole global warming thing...hmmm.

Also, my own little personal world is slightly askew. First, I started going back to the gym on Monday...I've been sitting on my butt for way too long now, and my blood pressure and cholesterol levels revealed the truth of it. I went and donated blood a month or so ago, and they send you this nifty little report and the only good thing it had to say was that my good cholesterol level was in the normal range. Everything else was elevated. I should have known you can't sit around and play toontown and get in shape! So, yeah, started working out - made it everyday too, go me! Although it was really sad when 2.5 miles on the treadmill kicked my butt (A little back history on this - I used to be a fitness nut and would run 5-6 miles daily - but it's been about two years since I got lazy and quit.) Savanna was laughing at me walking around very very slooowly. Anywho, wish me luck on getting my butt in gear!

On another note, my ex-husband and his new wife are apparently splitting up. This doesn't bother me, in fact, I got some weird kind of satisfaction from it (but don't tell anybody!), but I worry about my girls, and how this is going to affect them. I know on the surface they're "Yay! Evil Stepmom is gone!" but they have a little brother that came out of that marriage, and I hope that they don't get to miss out on things with him. As for the ex, well I just hope that he quits while he's behind (0 for 2 in the marriage department) so that he doesn't end up like a Springer guest with umpteen baby mama's!!

How's everyone else doing this fine Friday???

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty much your neighbor. I am in missouri and a college town as well. It was 28 F outside around 11 am. I dont believe totaly in global warming per say. I believe in weather change. Many years ago they believe we would go though ice age again. It did not happen I dont trust everything I hear.

I think scientist have gone nuts. The weather is always changing ever sense beganing of time. Yes the sun geting closer to the earth. In reality there nothing we can do about it.