• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Okay, is plant crossing "broken"?

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just starting plant crossing. I successfully pollinated a plain water plant with pollen from a plain tribarrel cactus - trying to get seeds for a plain prickly cactus. The result? Plain poppies seeds.

I looked again at the Stratics webpage on plant crossing, thinking that perhaps I needed to pollinate the tribarrel cactus from the water plant - but it does not say anything about the 'direction' of the pollination. When I looked up what it takes to get poppies, it does not list either the tribarrel cactus or the water plant as a parent. :(

Help?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just starting plant crossing. I successfully pollinated a plain water plant with pollen from a plain tribarrel cactus - trying to get seeds for a plain prickly cactus. The result? Plain poppies seeds.

I looked again at the Stratics webpage on plant crossing, thinking that perhaps I needed to pollinate the tribarrel cactus from the water plant - but it does not say anything about the 'direction' of the pollination. When I looked up what it takes to get poppies, it does not list either the tribarrel cactus or the water plant as a parent. :(

Help?

Ack, I'd love to, but I'm going to have to wait for someone who actually knows what they're talking about to come along, because I have never ever cross pollinated. Sorry :(

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The cross-breeding code for plants was been FUBAR for at least over a year. If you are looking for a specific seed, it might be best to ask the gardeners on your shard for it.

WildStar

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bummer. I play Siege, so I guess I start building new charts.

G

grig_since98

Maybe that explains why the crosses I've made haven't turned up what I expected.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to post my first post on this on the UHall forum. I imagine this is pretty low priority for the developers, but it won't hurt to post it anyway. Thx.

A

Auranmorte

It's my understanding that crossing with cacti is the broken part. I haven't done too much crossing lately, only crossing plants of the same variety trying (in vain) for white mutants. But I don't think I've seen errors in crossing plants other than cactus.