• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Okay, I'm officially an idiot

J

JPDefault

I forgot to lock down a chest in my house, so this morning I found that it decayed and all my 12th anniversary gifts are gone. :eek:snap:
Any chance that I will find it in the Cavern of the Discarded?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a peak in the Cavern and I didn't see anything. :( So sorry to hear your loss.

J

JPDefault

I died twice while trying to get to the Cavern. :D
Well, no problem, they're only coloured pixels after all.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got loads of tickets spare if you want some replacements :)

J

JPDefault

I've got loads of tickets spare if you want some replacements :)
Kind as always :) I already had an offer from a very fair lady, and I'll probably take just one ticket because I miss the virtue floor.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I forgot to lock down a chest in my house, so this morning I found that it decayed and all my 12th anniversary gifts are gone. :eek:snap:
Any chance that I will find it in the Cavern of the Discarded?
how many did u lose?
i got about 100 so i can spare you some:)

A

Altpersona

Kind as always :) I already had an offer from a very fair lady, and I'll probably take just one ticket because I miss the virtue floor.
Atleast it's not all gloom. You got proof to how good of a friend that peron is ^^ It's always nice to get confirmation no matter the situation.

K

Kiminality

I don't think there's a person in UO with a house that hasn't forgotten to lock something down.
So, I'd say you need to try harder at being an idiot ;)

N

Nolwen[europa]

Last time I forgot to lock my Doom Arties Chest ... talk about an idiot :stretcher:....

J

JPDefault

On the bright side, now I know where the Cavern of the Discarded is...

K

Kiminality

I had some rarewood chests stacked against my wall.
There was a gap in the stack, where there was a box.
I have no idea what was in there, and in the intervening months, I haven't noticed anything missing. But there certainly was a box.

W

Wolfways

I had some rarewood chests stacked against my wall.
There was a gap in the stack, where there was a box.
I have no idea what was in there, and in the intervening months, I haven't noticed anything missing. But there certainly was a box.
lol, that's when you know you have too much crap in your house. You know something's missing but have no idea what it was... :confused:

O

Out of Date

errr.. what? "cavern of the discarded"?
what the heck is thaT? how long has it been around?
I've lost lots of stuff forgetting to lock down and lockdown bugs not knowing there
was any way to get it back....
I lost a chest filled with newbified tools and items + my own first practice weapon longsword
gotten with my first character in uo due to bug like that.

K

Kiminality

Cavern of the Discarded is an area in the abyss, which was all added with the Stygian Abyss expansion.

The way it seems is that they tweaked the trash barrel code, so that instead of items being destroyed, many of them are sent to that cavern.
There are some exclusions, and beyond that I'm not sure if all items are sent there, but they appear on the ground.
Ultimately, your chances of recovering something valuable that you've accidentally dropped are similar to if you'd accidentally dropped it on a bank floor. If it's valuable, it'll get grabbed.

N

Nyte Doombringer

I did xshard trading and have about 200 or more of them. Let me know if you need a few more I would be happy to give them to you :)