• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] OK, why can't I steal anything?

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks, I know I'm doing something wrong (obviously), but I can't steal even a 1 stone item from my llama while standing in a bldg in Buc's Den. Tried pouches (1 stone), bags (2 stone) and backpack (3 stone). Bought up my stealing to 32.1. Figured to try the training macro below to train, and I can't get the macro to make a difference either. What am I missing? I just know it's something that if it was closer, it would slap me in the face.

1. Put an empty container in your pack animal.

2.Open your pack animals pack and open the empty container.

3.EC>Actions>Object Targeting>Store Default Object 1 (I put this on a hotbar.)

4.Left click "Store Default Object 1" and select the open empty container in your pack animals pack.

5.Put 10 (or 100) of the item you wish to steal in the open empty container. I chose scepters since they weight 8 stones, but you can change it up as needed.

Macro:

1.EC>Actions>Object Targeting>Target Default Object 1 (this will target your chosen container in your packy's pack.

2.EC>Actions>Targeting>Target First Item (this will target the first item in your chosen container, ie scepter 1)

3.Skill>Stealing (Cursor Target)

4.EC>Actions>Cursor Targeting>Waitfortarg

5.EC>Actions>Cursor Targeting>Cursor Target Current

6.EC>Actions>Other>Delay (10s)

7.Enable Repeat

8.Repeat = 10

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks, I know I'm doing something wrong (obviously), but I can't steal even a 1 stone item from my llama while standing in a bldg in Buc's Den. Tried pouches (1 stone), bags (2 stone) and backpack (3 stone). Bought up my stealing to 32.1. Figured to try the training macro below to train, and I can't get the macro to make a difference either. What am I missing? I just know it's something that if it was closer, it would slap me in the face.

1. Put an empty container in your pack animal.

2.Open your pack animals pack and open the empty container.

3.EC>Actions>Object Targeting>Store Default Object 1 (I put this on a hotbar.)

4.Left click "Store Default Object 1" and select the open empty container in your pack animals pack.

5.Put 10 (or 100) of the item you wish to steal in the open empty container. I chose scepters since they weight 8 stones, but you can change it up as needed.

Macro:

1.EC>Actions>Object Targeting>Target Default Object 1 (this will target your chosen container in your packy's pack.

2.EC>Actions>Targeting>Target First Item (this will target the first item in your chosen container, ie scepter 1)

3.Skill>Stealing (Cursor Target)

4.EC>Actions>Cursor Targeting>Waitfortarg

5.EC>Actions>Cursor Targeting>Cursor Target Current

6.EC>Actions>Other>Delay (10s)

7.Enable Repeat

8.Repeat = 10

Probably a silly question, but are you in Trammel or Felucca? I know when training stealing in the past I would do it in Fel cause Trammel won't let you steal even from a pet you own.

You mentioned you were in Bucs but not which facet.