OK to trap the Stranger in your house?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
R

RedDaTeef

On Siege P a group is able to either, keep the M. stranger spawning in there house or somehow are insta-luring it in thier house (this is of course the Luna Stranger). They fought it a couple times and now they are not fighting it anymore so no one else now can access it. Is this legal to do? Is this meant to be this way? Yesterday I couldn't lure it out of town. Today ever single one spawns or gets lured to that house.

L

Loqucious

NO! That is not legal and if we have any kind of GM service this will be looked at immediately.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
any kind of GM service this will be looked at immediately
So, in other words, this will continue happening until the devs patch in a fix or the event ends...

A

Alrich

you know red I was in there,m lagged to holy hell, kept removing it from house-- even banned it from the house, and it kept teleporting back in 2 seconds later. =(

R

RedDaTeef

The stranger is no longer in that house. I dont know exactly how it was happening...possibly just faulty game mechanics. Your group aldrich doesn't seem to be the cheating kind, so most likly the npc was just spawning in a wierd random way.

A

Alrich

Well it started cuz people were messing around with em, and then he teleported into the house and wouldnt leave. so we started to kill em there-- UGH talk about a pita when you can't ctrl-shift due to 5 million house lockdowns. Then KOC and co came, fielded the entrances to the house and we were stuck. Finally dropped it, a new one spawns right on the street and I guess someone attacked it or something and it teleported right into the house again. that point we were trying to remove it from house and every time 2 seconds later it would teleport right back in (does like 30 damage when he teleports too, quite annoying)

L

love2winalot

The strangers should be able to go anywhere they want. It is an invasion, and there should not be any safe zones. Hell, i wish they would start killing player venders while they are there. ah, hahahaha. :)

V

Vyrquenox

The strangers should be able to go anywhere they want. It is an invasion, and there should not be any safe zones. Hell, i wish they would start killing player venders while they are there. ah, hahahaha. :)
yeah, kill off player vendors. ha ha ha. no. There has also been a tendency for a group of people to work together to get it moved right next to their (private) luna house and try to hold it there so half the crap spawns inside their house. This is why having stuff spew across the ground is bloody idiotic. And if you make a creature do that and also suddenly make it a one hit killer, i'm going to have a smoke and watch the carnage and pick up what i can, cause I am not playing that game where I get hit for 500 damage if i get anywhere near it enough to touch it. If there was any point to doing the work myself, i would go in on an archer alt then and play the stupid archer game. I hate my archer. But there is no incentive to bother, someone else will do it anyway and half the stuff is going in their house for them to pick up at liesure anyway.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
NO! That is not legal and if we have any kind of GM service this will be looked at immediately.
This is true right in the rules it says it is illegal to trap anything in your house.

If you page a GM and they see it there will be hell to pay for those involved.