• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok, so who is King of Britiannia?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old question, but I am curious. Lord British scurried away long time ago through some weird portal. So who sits the throne in Tram now?
And since I am on this topic, who sits the throne in Fel now? I know it's supposedly Minax but somehow I am not convinced she runs Fel now.

C

Corwin

From what I can remember, it was another dropped thread / quest thing. At one point Dawn was going to rule, at another it was a council (who I think is still ruling).

Feculla? Good question. Didn't we kill Minax?

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im sorry to say this but..I rule Brittania... sorry guys.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Technically the current rule is the Royal Council, consisting of Casca, the "Britannia Ambassador" that hangs around the castle, Clainin, and several other members we really haven't been introduced to. Of course Clainin has been out of commission since the appearance of New Haven, so it's just down to the others.

I guess Sherry is technically a part of the council as well, now that I give it some thought.

And Dawn has been invisible since LBR.. I liked her, but the playerbase didn't seem to take all too well to her.. kinda sad.

As for Fel, there is no true ruler.. the factions are still fighting for control to this day. :p

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good question. Indeed, one would have thought that the powers-that-be may have addressed this during the past few years, minor point though it is. Perhaps they need a focus group to think of some ideas on how to run events on the subject....

J

Joyous2K

Old question, but I am curious. Lord British scurried away long time ago through some weird portal. So who sits the throne in Tram now?
And since I am on this topic, who sits the throne in Fel now? I know it's supposedly Minax but somehow I am not convinced she runs Fel now.
Britomere

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I heard the political situation of felucca had become warring tribes.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Technically the current rule is the Royal Council, consisting of Casca, the "Britannia Ambassador" that hangs around the castle, Clainin, and several other members we really haven't been introduced to. Of course Clainin has been out of commission since the appearance of New Haven, so it's just down to the others.

I guess Sherry is technically a part of the council as well, now that I give it some thought.

And Dawn has been invisible since LBR.. I liked her, but the playerbase didn't seem to take all too well to her.. kinda sad.

As for Fel, there is no true ruler.. the factions are still fighting for control to this day. :p
She's right.

I'll also add that the characters played by the Event Moderators were also on the Royal Council.

As were the "classic" ultima characters (I think) such as Dupre and Geoffrey and Shamino and all them dudes.

I think.

Basically, Britannia is still a Kingdom, it's just that instead of an actual Monarch, it's a rather ineffectual group of stewards or regents.

-Galen's player

S

SilentFoxXy

The Shadow Lords and thier pawn Andrew are battling for supremacy of Britainnia, and we, as true citizens, have no leader to rally us to the cause. Instead small teams of merceneries and pickpockets are attempting to stem the advance of this evil through our cities, both in Tram and Fel.

From the bedlam and furore, a new king will rise, and lay claim to his rightful place, upon conquering the advancing hoardes.

Until then, the soverignship of our great land is unknown, and on unsafe footing.

We need a rallying cry a call to arms, and an honest, pure leader to hark the call and lead us forward to a new world

Well, maybe......;)

I Am Sheriff wont cut the mustard......

F

Fayled Dhreams

no "King" ...'tis the council that rules and, though no "king", one of the council, Might be higher ...
the Commander of the Royal Guard ...
depends on how you read, the difference between "A" leader or "The" leader ...

Until someone brings something better.
(Ricardo's trial?)

S

Saris

in the end I guess lord balckthorn got what he wanted, no monarch imposing rule over us, virtue now holds no pwer over sosria and anarchy is the moderen way.

to bad he is dead too.

E

Emil IsTemp

No, too bad he was turned into a god-awfully ugly floating robot with a patch over his eye... *slaps Todd McFarlane*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no "King" ...'tis the council that rules and, though no "king", one of the council, Might be higher ...
the Commander of the Royal Guard ...
depends on how you read, the difference between "A" leader or "The" leader ...

Until someone brings something better.
(Ricardo's trial?)

Fayled, I'm so glad you did that, cause now you really, really need to tell me how! When I attempt an archive search the little search box *only* gives me a choice of dates going back to January 1, 2005 and it does not let me type in any other choice ~~ your linky is from 2003, so please, how'd ya do it?

E

Emil IsTemp

My 10-year experience of understanding the history of Sosaria:

Started in Summer of 98.. "Felucca" as we know it today, was the only land. Lord British, and Blackthorn still jointly ruled the world, and fictionwise, would debate basically to which system of governing would best fit the citizens, Order or Chaos. (if you look into it, you cant have Order without Chaos, and vise versa)

Fall of 98.. The original FOA quest was in full-swing, there was a failed casting of Armageddon by them, and it opened pathways to a "long lost world" or T2A as we know it. I believe Lord British went "missing" around this time.. as he wasn't heard from in many months.

(lost track of the dates)

Jou'Nar (now an undead lich) invaded Trinsic, with the help of Minax and her minions. Trinsic, and subsequently thereafter the rest of Britannia fell under dark control (as would explain the bones, blood, no leaves, and gravestones in Fel)

(This is where i started getting irked by the plotline)

As a result, Nystul i believe, makes a safe realm for the remaining citizens of Britannia to migrate to (Trammel) and this was also when Ils was released i believe... Now basically Nystul "copy/paste" Felucca, removed the houses, and kept the trees. (hand motion... kinda like this one...:thumbup1: but not quite...) I think this was also around when Blackthorn turned into the terminator.. in a medieval world.. :thumbup1:

Ahh yes, then we have the AOS expansion... Suddenly theres a floating continent in the sky!

and Sempire.. which was a little better in my opinion. No crazy of the wall lore behind it, just an asian themed chain of islands.

Make sense of this:

Britannia is our original world. At the time, Britannia had 2 moons, Tram and Fel... SO theres an actual THREE masses of land. Britannia, Tram, and Fel. Britannia isnt just some word referring to our world.. It was a mass of land.. now known as Felucca. And Tram is the other world that we "fled" to. So what happened to Britannia? It wasnt destroyed... if it were, then there would have been 3 copies of the exact same place, and everyones houses in pre-Tram Fel would have been destroyed... How can i peer through a spyglass from any NPC tinker, look into the sky, and see both moons if im standing on one of them? Why oh god why did you enlist Todd McFarlane to make monsters, and further mess up the fiction?

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to say...

SHO'NUFF! The shogun... OF HARLEM...!

That wouldn't be a bad idea, to have Sho'Nuff as King. Everytime he'd step up to the throne, he'd yell out, "WHO'S THE MASTER!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! WHO'S THE MASTER!!!"

The loyal subjects would all yell out, in unison..."SHO'NUFF!"

Then Sho'Nuff would say, "That's right...! Sho'Nuff...the KING of Britannia...!"

Then I thought, how would they integrate The Glow into the Ultima mythos. I took another step back, and I thought, "Wait a sec. We can blast spells with a snap of the finger, so the Glow wouldn't be a blinkin' problem!"

I wish there was a way for us to actually vote for a King or Queen. Have multiple NPC's or EM controlled characters, make it part of a huge, ongoing event, and depending on which party "wins" (I use the term "win" very lightly), the new royal line would be crowned. Then again, it wouldn't be Ultima if someone/something replaced Lord British in that role, so I suppose having the memory of British is just as good...? Maybe? Perhaps?

I still say that the characters of Lord British and Lord Blackthorn had a harem. Who knows? There might be little British's and Blackthorns running around the kingdom.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Fayled, I'm so glad you did that, cause now you really, really need to tell me how! When I attempt an archive search the little search box *only* gives me a choice of dates going back to January 1, 2005 and it does not let me type in any other choice ~~ your linky is from 2003, so please, how'd ya do it?
google found it for me .... le'see if I can remember "key phrase"
ooops! "lord british leaves britania" found this
mmmmm "lord british bnn" found this
"Farewell to the King"(bnn title) ...pffft! not Even close

sorry ... can't recall the exact phrase/spelling used ... and my browser dumps and wipes on a close ... so ...

Google + luck is all I can offer ... {wink}

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you, Fayled, it is then as I feared, our history is being lost

I have this link, which provides Town Cryer articles that were listed on Stratics, I imagine, from February 1998 to October 2002, and below that listing shard specific stories from the same era

I have no idea if this is a complete list of the stories of that time and cannot recall when the switch was made to BNN, altho for purposes of a search one would think the articles from both would be produced

and I can find no way with the Stratics tools to find the missing 2+ years (I will say here that this is not a result of the new Stratics format, these things were missing long before that)

if anyone can provide a link to the missing histories, or an explanation to their disappearance, that would be most welcome

sorry, my posting icons and commands are broken once again, so posting entire link

http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/tc/tca_index.shtml#aollegends

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,

I still say Sho'Nuff would've made a decent King... That is until Leroy Green was provoked into kicking Sho'Nuff's gluteous. I'm just saying...

Getting back on topic, I just see Ultima being synonymous with Lord British, and I just don't see anyone being able to fill in those shoes. Maybe I'm too much of a purist in that sense, but eh, there you go.

On a random topic, what if we had a hermaphrodite as the ruler of Britannia? That would be interesting and cool at the same time. What would the Heralds yell? "All Hail the King...er...Queen...um...All Hail the politically correct transgender, equal opportunist, OSHA approved Ruler of Britannia!"

That's good times right there.