• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok so what does the "Charger of the Fallen" do?

G

So can someone explain what this horse does? I cannot find any real info on it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its just a ethereal horse with armor. It has nothing special. Only difference is there is no account age restriction on.

G

Just in case the last post didn't totally make sense to you, the ethereal horse shows up as a statue in your backpack. When you click the statue it becomes a ridable horse. Very helpful when you die.

It has no char age limit for use and it has some nice graphics when you are attacking something.

G

Ok cool. Thanks to the both of you. I think I am going to get it for my chars that do not have ethereals.

G

Wow, how could a person with over 11k posts not know this!!!!

LOL

G

<looks at post count> You'd be surprised the amount of things I don't know and my count is rather "up there" as well. <shrug>

At least here you can get answer fairly fast without going to page 3 of the forum in an hour!

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Stratics has more then just UO. I post in "other" areas.

I was not playing UO when the charger thing came out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Stratics has more then just UO. I post in "other" areas.

I was not playing UO when the charger thing came out.

[/ QUOTE ]OIC, well here I am with 3k posts and I didn't consider that the tally included other areas of Stratics. Hehe

G

Yes the post count continues no matter which forum you post on of Stratics. I remember someone commenting that they didn't consider me a new player because of my post count. I guess if you don't go to any of the other forums and use them you don't think about that.
The great thing about this forum is no matter if you are a really new player, returning player or a vet with a question It will get answered here.
I got a charger a few months back. I really like the looks of it and the fighting animation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

OIC, well here I am with 3k posts and I didn't consider that the tally included other areas of Stratics. Hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there are people out there with 20k+ PCs, and thats like a common # with those "Sims" people.

E

eolsunder1

Chargers were given out as gifts for early purchance a while ago. Recently they can be bought straight from EA as a gift using a token. 10 bucks.

They are ethereal mounts, with unique graphics, and of course cannot be killed since they exist in your backpack as statues if you dismount them.

Anyone can ride them, thus highly sought after by younger players who don't want to wait 3 years to get a regular ethereal mount.

I

imported_AustinRules

Sometimes you can find a charger for sale at Luna Bank. Probably folks that have hit the 3rd year level, where they can get an etheral mount, are selling their chargers. As folks say you can't ride(even if you bought it) an etheral mount until that 3 yr status....except for the charger.

When you die your regular horse/swampie/etc usually will charge a monster and die. Then you have to recall somewhere to get it rezzed...or you have to go buy another if you haven't bonded yet. With a charger or other etheral animal it will pop into your pack when you die. When you get rezzed you double click the etheral in your pack and in a second you are remounted.

S

Smakkatron Jones

I seem to recall reading a while back that Charger 'armor' worked exactly like exceptional swamp dragon barding. Can anyone confirm this?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, charger is just like any other ethereal with no special abilities.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

OIC, well here I am with 3k posts and I didn't consider that the tally included other areas of Stratics. Hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there are people out there with 20k+ PCs, and thats like a common # with those "Sims" people.

[/ QUOTE ] And those left-wing nuts in OT :p