• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok, so there are 32k players...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
online right now. LOL, where are they? Where are the hot spots? I usually play UO so it's kinda tough to picture EvE's version of the WBB, lol...la

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WBB would be Jita 4-4 (thats planet four moon four). I DO NOT suggest going there without a strong internet connection and a good computer. The Perimiter would be a good option, it is East BB if you catch my drift.

If you are looking for some quick PvP I suggest joining one of the new faction warfare groups and asking in your militia channel for a group and a location to play with. I often find myself in groups of 20-80 people flying around doing good for the Gallente and having tons of fun. All you need is a frigate and a gun.

T

Traveller

Your question is ample to answer, and the fastest answer is: open your map, play with the star map to light the different stars according to some statistic and you find the "hot spot" you are more interested in.

Long answer: it really depends on the kind of hot spot you are looking for.

You want to find the largest amount of players congregate? That would be the aforementioned jita 4-4, the worst dump of EVE. :) NEVER go there, esp at the weekend. It's the commercial center of EVE, but due to this it's lagged like hell, and I trained some levels in trade skills just so that I can do my business there without actually enter the system. Still, there is at least one commercial hub for each of the empires: oursulaert for gallente, amarr for amarr, rens for minmatar. There are others (stacmon, hek, agil come to my mind).

Then there are the mission hubs, i.e. where there are good mission agents. The most infamous/lagged is motsu in caldari space, but apart from that I am not into mission running so I don't know the others.

Then there are lowsec pvp hubs, and to find them I suggest you check the "ships destroyed in the last 24 hours" statistic. Currently THE action in lowsec is in tama, where FW battles are taking place and sometime some alliance drops capital fleets on top of militias. I WAS at the Massacre of Tama. :)

Given your past history, you might probably want to go stealing from miners in highsec, or go ninjalooting/salvaging in tama.

Then of course there is 0.0 but it's hard to find hubs there... Well, except when capital ships "congregate" to battle. :)

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I WAS at the Massacre of Tama. :)
The .EXE and RA clash? Uggg that was no fun. But I'm sure it happens more than the one time I was in the middle of it.... my poor Incursus took hull damage that day. Not from the capital fleet but from the damn POS I accidentally warped too!!!

B

Belmarduk

online right now. LOL, where are they? Where are the hot spots? I usually play UO so it's kinda tough to picture EvE's version of the WBB, lol...la
Picture Uo like this:
Combine all shards (eg britmoongate takes you to britmoongate of ALL other shards) then enlarge that megashard 10 times with the current (...) UO-playernumbers - voilla

There are about 8000+ solarsystems in Eve now ;)
Some systems have 900 players in them (jita *pukes*) Some 200-300 (countless medium tradehubs) Some have 10-50 - Often in 0.0 you have a whole system for yourself for hours :)

Edit: omg Rico is Caldari - Well atleast better than a flashlamp-boat captain .) :)