• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] OK RNG you win for now...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In an attempt to make the perfect gorget for one of my characters I have wasted:

20 relic fragments
40 essences of order
40 seeds of renewal
64 boura pelts
9 powders of fortification.

All lost on trying to enhance the finished product with a gargoyle at 120 tailoring.

I think maybe they want me to take a break from my gambling addiction for a while. Point taken.

Thank you for listening all.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just curious what exactly where you trying to do?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gorget with MR2, LMC8, Fire Resist 21 (after horned leather enhanced), 18 physical (after enhance), 19 cold (after enhance), 11 poison (non-imbued value) and 12 energy (again non-imbued value).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
gorget with MR2, LMC8, Fire Resist 21 (after horned leather enhanced), 18 physical (after enhance), 19 cold (after enhance), 11 poison (non-imbued value) and 12 energy (again non-imbued value).
hmmm think with the changes on test it may be easier now you should give it a try there and see!
btw nice piece when you get it done

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel your pain. I've made the perfect leather sleeves 5 times and had them break on enhancing every time. Also had 3 plate arms break on enhance.

But on a good note...I hit a 5.5% chance to imbue on the second try twice before I broke the sleeves. :)

B

Boogieman

*Hands over an ancient sewing kit (+60 tailoring)*

There you go - have a try !

On a serious note: With the coming changes to imbuing I would wait with that piece. Then you'll be able to imbue items made from special leather, thus skipping the unpleasant stress of trying to enhance something that is already loaded with intensity.

P

pgcd

*Hands over an ancient sewing kit (+60 tailoring)*

There you go - have a try !

On a serious note: With the coming changes to imbuing I would wait with that piece. Then you'll be able to imbue items made from special leather, thus skipping the unpleasant stress of trying to enhance something that is already loaded with intensity.
I just tried imbuing a valorite mempo - and no, sorry: energy resist starts at 2 res anyway. So it would appear that if you want to have the best of both worlds, you still need to risk everything.

B

Boogieman

With the coming changes you still waste your PoF and boura pelts...
I don't understand your meaning.
You make the item, you apply PoF, you imbue.
PoF is not wasted and what resources you loose when trying to imbue must be taken as the normal cost of making the item that you are don't have a 100% success chance for.

Right?

I just tried imbuing a valorite mempo - and no, sorry: energy resist starts at 2 res anyway. So it would appear that if you want to have the best of both worlds, you still need to risk everything.
Yes, that's true. The bonus from valorite (or any other special material) doesn't raise the maximum possible resists. But being able to imbue exceptional items made of special leather/metal is still one heck of a step up the ladder. More like an elevator to next floor...

Here is an example of an item I made:
Gargoyle leather skirt, barbed leather, exceptional quality.
Resists: 10/15/13/10/14 (total 62)
PoF'ed to 255 durability.
Imbued: MR 1, LMC 7%, LRC 18%
(I know - not max intensities, I was too lazy to go and find the special ingredients).

You can fairly easily make an all 70ies suit with good properties. If you want max intensity properties you'll have to pay for that in terms of wasted resources on imbuing attempts. I don't see any reason not to be happy with this.

P

pgcd

I don't understand your meaning.
You make the item, you apply PoF, you imbue.
PoF is not wasted and what resources you loose when trying to imbue must be taken as the normal cost of making the item that you are don't have a 100% success chance for.

Right?
I think he means that if you want, e.g., a 23 fire resist leather piece you have to imbue then enhance, and there's the risk.

I don't see any reason not to be happy with this.
I am _very_ happy with these changes, even though I just imbued suits for both my warriors =)