• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok ok, a Yes or No poll for VvV Artifacts on Siege

Add VvV Artifacts on Siege without owner only tag and cursed and useable for all

• Total voters

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As several want a Yes or no Poll, it is here.
With Useable for all, I mean VvV as well as Non VvV, sorry I was not clear about that

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Oops Mods move it to Siege forum thanks

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol.

I think the point I was trying to make in the Siege forum was the question should just be a flat "should VvV artifacts be added to Siege"

Leave off the extra caveats until a consensus is reached. However, I guess we can work with what we have. :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This poll is useless because the OP is assuming that every Siege player reads and posts on Stratics. The only way to run a poll would be if the Devs did it when you signed on to Siege and ran it for 3 months to make sure that people on vacation/work related time away from the game got their vote.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This poll is useless because the OP is assuming that every Siege player reads and posts on Stratics. The only way to run a poll would be if the Devs did it when you signed on to Siege and ran it for 3 months to make sure that people on vacation/work related time away from the game got their vote.
I agree with you. I have a lot of friends that never read Stratics except when I put it in their face with, "You got to read this" icq message.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
These polls almost always end up being 50/50. Split down the middle add a few of the artifacts back into Siege to meet in the middle to be fair. Let the devs decide what to put back into play.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not aa bad idea to start with a few and see how it goes

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yea, thats all im saying maybe some of the stuff @Freelsy was talking about needing. A returning player that cant find crimmy or quivers. Some things to make getting hci/dci easier. Pretty much any pvper who knows what they are doing are going to get 45/45. Me having a crimmy and another person not having doesnt make my suit godly.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do run in 45/45 but Tina Tink cry everytime she have to make me a new suit. She say I'm making her poor and I make to little money :p

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
By that logic you could say the focus group was useless as well because it wasnt a very good representation of the Siege "community". You also bring up a very good suggestion as well.
I was on a break from the game when this focus group was made. I did not get a say in the whole thing. But you would think if both sides of the argument would have been present you really think they would have left them out?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry guys, but with Cursed, no tag, and useable by all, there's no reason not to vote for this by everyone, whether you pvp or not. I just voted for it, and there's 14 against, I would like to hear a clear definitive reason from 14 ppl why they don't like this. I fail to see where it hurts anyone. 14 crafters aren't going to be pvp'n anyway. This makes no sense to me, if that puts me in a further bad light, so be it.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted no - since it was not clearly worded as VvV or not VvV.
Although I have heard good arguments that it is still bad for the non VvV players.
Do I believe that if arties are implemented that this will cause many new players to flock to Siege.
No way. Sorry.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted no - since it was not clearly worded as VvV or not VvV.
Although I have heard good arguments that it is still bad for the non VvV players.
Do I believe that if arties are implemented that this will cause many new players to flock to Siege.
No way. Sorry.
What do you mean, not clearly worded. It says VvV artifacts, and it says useable by all, what wording are you looking for that was omitted ?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Does that mean attainable by all? Does it mean one can join VvV and gain many artifacts the leave the VvV system and still use the artifacts? Can one VvV player aquire artifacts and give them to another player or another account? Can a VvV player acquire artifacts and place them for sale on a vendor or sell the directly to other players? I have a lot of questions.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Add VvV Artifacts on Siege without owner only tag and cursed and useable for all

Add VvV Artifacts on Siege without owner only tag and cursed and usable by any Siege player whether in VvV or not

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm sorry I was not clear about it, but that was what I did mean, useable for all VvV as well as non VvV. I know the Heavy VvV'er do not agree with that but I believe that's the only way to make enough to accept it

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Does that mean attainable by all? Does it mean one can join VvV and gain many artifacts the leave the VvV system and still use the artifacts? Can one VvV player aquire artifacts and give them to another player or another account? Can a VvV player acquire artifacts and place them for sale on a vendor or sell the directly to other players? I have a lot of questions.
Yes it does mean that. Just like with the Deco items

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Does that mean attainable by all? Does it mean one can join VvV and gain many artifacts the leave the VvV system and still use the artifacts?

Don't let Eaerendil and Tyrath see this post Kelmo or you will be subjected to thier criticism cause you cannot write a proper sentence.

Is english your second language?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Add VvV Artifacts on Siege without owner only tag and cursed and usable by any Siege player whether in VvV or not
It already says "for All" there's no reason to interpret that in any other way than to mean by all players, regardless of affiliation.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i am still debating this one, i can see that some form of the Varties may be useful, but not sure about the details. i'll think about it while working and vote this evening.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If it was up to me I would say yes to all. This game is so item dependant now, and we lose everything when we die, you know that.

Can the devs code it like that? I hope so. Will they consider it? If a non VvVer gets attacked by a VvVer, and you manage to kill them you should be able to wear his artifacts. I am not debating that. It only makes sense to me.

Just like silver was sold for gold. No owner tag usable by all. Vendorable.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It already says "for All" there's no reason to interpret that in any other way than to mean by all players, regardless of affiliation.
Hey have you have seen some of the recent posts that word smith everything -

For all
could mean - For All VvV players

And don't ask for me to explain myself and then when I do explain - ignore what i say if it does not agree with what you believe!
I was trying to be constructive.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Hey have you have seen some of the recent posts that word smith everything -

For all
could mean - For All VvV players

And don't ask for me to explain myself and then when I do explain - ignore what i say if it does not agree with what you believe!
I was trying to be constructive.
Blah Blah blah.

Sam

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
gentlemen gentlemen (and ladies!)

I'd like to know how pets currently work in VvV ?

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran

Why would pet's be different in Vvv,if there was any significant change's to pet's AI when in Vvv,i'm sure it would be globally announced.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

well I can tell you they work very well as I died alot. Everytime I saw one of those pet's name on screen I was running the other way

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank's for the tip, maybe if i was more mature in my younger year's i wouldn't be a grandpa,now,and being critise by people who think's i'm imature now.
Just because you may or may not be a grandpa does not make you mature, just old. Just so you understand we do not have to think you are immature, we already know it. Is English your second language?

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Just because you may or may not be a grandpa does not make you mature, just old. Just so you understand we do not have to think you are immature, we already know it. Is English your second language?
By quoting im a grandpa,i wasn't implying nothing,but you were the one who said i was immature,and i agreed with you that maybe if i was more mature, i wouldn't be critise by people like you.

English is my fourth language.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I had to think hard on it. Making them lootable and usable by anyone makes it tempting to vote yes. But in the end it still bothers me that this seems like an easy button for playing only one certain way. I would much prefer a more universal solution if gearing up is a problem. Make recipes so tailors and blacksmiths can make competitive suits. Make reagents quicker to get for crafters. Better gear found from killing monsters. Then, sure, throw in VvV stuff as well as all that.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes the main problem is, items are balanced Item Insurance, not balanced for Siege. Some of this VvV items are gained from Britain Library and Vesper Museum without the bonus. With changing how many point to get them (drop it to be 55 or 10% of the point it is now) and add the bonus to them, Non VvV would not be forced to do VvV to have them. Also turn on Tokuno Artifacts perm on Siege and add the bonus to the ones with same name as Varties. That make sense on Siege

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Yes the main problem is, items are balanced Item Insurance, not balanced for Siege. Some of this VvV items are gained from Britain Library and Vesper Museum without the bonus. With changing how many point to get them (drop it to be 55 or 10% of the point it is now) and add the bonus to them, Non VvV would not be forced to do VvV to have them. Also turn on Tokuno Artifacts perm on Siege and add the bonus to the ones with same name as Varties. That make sense on Siege
Simply solution!,make every boss/paragon.whatever that is worth farming for gear drop item's everytime you kill it!.

But that would be trammifying siege.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And those very questions are why I voted no. Right now it just seems like a bunch of "I want, I want, I want" with no thought for what the possible consequences down the road would be. Much like the second house, that worked out so well for the shard :(

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i am still debating this one, i can see that some form of the Varties may be useful, but not sure about the details. i'll think about it while working and vote this evening.
after thinking about it all day, i have decided to Vote yes. if somehow the yes votes take it then we can start discussing what we actually want to implement.