• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OK, now I'm convinced

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the years, I've scoffed at all the doomsayers crying that this or that has started the downhill slide that will ultimately bring about the end of UO.

Well, I just had a look at ebay and the only things UO for sale are action figures and game disks. Gone are the hundreds of millions of gold coins, dozens of houses and accounts and gone are the in-game items.

Looks like the rats are leaving the ship and that usually means the ship is about to sink.

No, I am not quitting til the bitter end and no, you can't have mu stuff.

W

wee papa smurf

Wrong. UO banned gold and accounts to be sold on ebay! UO is still very much alive :cursing:

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea, it was ebay, and they banned ALL virtual items to be sold on their site. there was too much fraud involved.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And they did it a good while ago. It's nothing new.
Yep years and years ago. lol, I imagine it didn't change the fraud aspect of it though as I see books laying on the ground occasionally claiming someone swindled them out of "x."

W

wee papa smurf

I stand corrected :D :D

The point is that the OP thought people just stopped selling stuff and it was like rats and ships or whatever lol!

K

Kiminality

If people were jumping ship, you'd likely see an increase, as people tried to get what they could from their accounts, before there's absolutely no demand

C

CroMag1980

Over the years, I've scoffed at all the doomsayers crying that this or that has started the downhill slide that will ultimately bring about the end of UO.

Well, I just had a look at ebay and the only things UO for sale are action figures and game disks. Gone are the hundreds of millions of gold coins, dozens of houses and accounts and gone are the in-game items.

Looks like the rats are leaving the ship and that usually means the ship is about to sink.

Translated as : "WTF I just went on ebay to buy some stuff with my mothers' credit card and there's nothing there! Screw UO! I hate everyone!"

*writhes on floor in ecstasy of nihilistic rage*

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I -have- noticed in the past that there are UO CDs for sale with the offer of "Buy this CD for $100 and get a FREE UO Account"... skirting the rules a bit.

M

MuffinBear

It's true that Ultima Online has declined in population (and in quality in my opinion).

I remember a time when ALL the banks in the towns had players in them including the 2 banks in Britian and the 2 banks in Trinsic! The dungeons even had players in them.

I think it was the Age of Shadows expansion that almost killed this game and made most of the players leave...if they are going to turn UO into a different game then I might as well go play a different game.

L

Limlight

eBay cancelled it because they had way to many Paypal fraud claims.

and the way their system works...if you dont have a shipping tracking number, then the buyer would win the claim every time...even for virtual items.

So any buyer could screw over the seller anytime they wanted.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Translated as : "WTF I just went on ebay to buy some stuff with my mothers' credit card and there's nothing there! Screw UO! I hate everyone!"

*writhes on floor in ecstasy of nihilistic rage*

Not likely considering she's been dead some 25 years and I've had my own cards a lot longer than that.
I was just curious as to what my 110 month old account with 8 grandfathered houses might be worth.