• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ok let the silly bushido questions begin

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
do i have to have parry to use confidence and evasion?
because i'm silly i am going to go with a Bushido bard build
so 120 all bard skills
120 swords
120 Bushido
yes i know this is crazy

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no need for the parrying. However, your bard mastery will end fairly quickly.

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No you don't NEED parrying, but it does make your evasion/confidence more effective.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I like unusual builds. Had never thought of combining these.
You'll have low dex, I presume? High Str and Int. You won't swing so fast.
Or if you go dex intead of int, you'll always be short of mana.
I'd be tempted to go Chiv instead of Bushido here, maybe 80 chiv and 40 in Med or Focus. You're already wielding a weapon, and EoO would be more effective than Bushido. You'll need something since you don't have tactics or anatomy.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Confidence and Evasion have been worse-than-useless for sampires since Bleak put in the lose-a-swing in November 2015.
You're better off swinging and hitting to regain health, than sitting motionless for 2.5 seconds or more.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I will run the Disco mastery for damage when running solo i just need the Bushido to help with regen and damage control etc i run very low dex high str and int disco mobs peace them then wack away with high leech weapon i don't really need high damage output as i am not in a big hurry to kill things

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will run the Disco mastery for damage when running solo i just need the Bushido to help with regen and damage control etc i run very low dex high str and int disco mobs peace them then wack away with high leech weapon i don't really need high damage output as i am not in a big hurry to kill things
What will you be doing for healing?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evasion wont work without parry. You also need tactics and anatomy for a slightly longer duration.

Confident is best used when you run away from the mob and then use it to heal.

Without tactics and anatomy you wont do enough damage to leech anything back. You will at best do weapon base damage.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
then there is the whole question of shield or 2 handed weapon and parry/bushido.....

oh man your opening a can of worms!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
then there is the whole question of shield or 2 handed weapon and parry/bushido.....

oh man your opening a can of worms!
Honestly, for me that is the can of worms that keeps me playing :) I like my sampire but I also like playing with builds and setups. UO seems to have an endless supply of possibilities when it comes to builds.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Evasion doesn't work, period, because the dev team nerfed it to uselessness.
Legendary swordsmanship, parrying, bushido. Evasion. Got hit by an orc. For pete's sake.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Legendary swordsmanship, parrying, bushido. Evasion. Got hit by an orc. For pete's sake.
thats the same as a Imp landing a nox on a 120 magic resist mage.
that should never happen.
yet it does 100% of the time.
(and 60% of the time i'm right every time!)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find evasion quite useful. Maybe rng just likes me :D