• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OK, Is there a KR download that isn't corrupted or

• Thread starter Good_Ole_Lefty
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Hang up on patching? It takes a lot of time to download this only to find out each one is either corrupted or hangs up in patching.

G

The latest one I know of is the one on FilePlanet that Supreem put up at the last HoC.

Some issues:

If it's RARed (I don't remember if this one is or not, I THINK it's just the straight EXE) make sure you have the latest version of WinRAR.

if you're using Vista mke sure you run everything as an Administrator.

I

imported_silent

I tried patching again today and no good. uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.

G

This another issue with KR. It is hard to get. *nods* A good PR move might be be to provide an inexpensive way to get the most up to date version on a CD. I does not cost so much these days to mass produce CDs. Though the mass might be smaller than I like. *sighs*

Maybe a freebe disk at all game stores?

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Ya, use the one from fileplanet. That was the last one i downloaded. I tried them all.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Free Download Manager was recommended back when KR was released.

It got me a working install on the first try, after 2 days without it failed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ya, use the one from fileplanet. That was the last one i downloaded. I tried them all.

[/ QUOTE ]Okay. Sounds like your system is choking on the d/l somewhere else then.

Just for drill... give this a try. Update and scan with all your security software (AV, AS, and so on). Run your maintenance tools (CHKDSK, Disk Cleanup, Disk Defragmenter). Then do a Windows Update (make sure you have the latest critical and recommended patches &amp; updates... especially watch for network adapter updates in WU). Double check the chipset and I/O component sites (for your system) to make sure you have the latest drivers that may not be on Windows Update yet. In that order, and don't skip anything (order matters, it really does). All this will improve your overall system performance, not just for KR.

Hope that helps.

I

imported_Ylias Tendris

Yep, i recommend a download manager. Another issue i had once was that i didnt have enough free disk space when i patched. It looked like the patch was corrupted but instead there wasnt space to decompress it.