• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh yes ... we will have a lot of fun later - This object cannot drop there ;)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So folks :) - if you believe it's easy living with filling the empty spaces in your new costumize castle/keep later that have already setted floors about from the costumizing tool - have a lot of fun than and most of all - patience and your morphium beside you;)

I was just courious if you can use the craftable tiles later for another design i have in mind and therefore I wanted more blueish tiles as the tool can offer us. So went to the hills mining for dull granite, color them and than this here:

hum.... yes what shall I say now? I have two choises at this moment: between very much or nothing ;)
:facepalm:
I won't steal someones illusions of easyness later - but this is simply.... :mad::rant2::coco::brokenlink: and some feelings more ;) ....

upload_2018-8-24_9-23-48.png

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can add stuff later on but not all pieces are working.

Doors if found out work only in one direction.

In the end you are right. It's not as easy as expected

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two blue plant dyes. For placing try pouch? Put item in pouch drop on spot ax it. Or same way in pack, ax it . If you can stand in desired spot that is.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had the idea to build Ishtar's Gate and i use Pigments of Tokuno Invul Blue. The color I think is not the prob - I was even testing with a few more other tiles and I maybe only have a bugged one. I've tried this bugged on my other plots and got the same message.

But nonetheless.... this is dammit ugly bug that should be avoided from at the beginning. Unfortunate I have no good connection tio the Dev's Team - some of here seems to have it *looks to Finley and twinkles* and might make a report. I want to keep my blond hairs a bit longer ;).

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had the idea to build Ishtar's Gate and i use Pigments of Tokuno Invul Blue. The color I think is not the prob - I was even testing with a few more other tiles and I maybe only have a bugged one. I've tried this bugged on my other plots and got the same message.

But nonetheless.... this is dammit ugly bug that should be avoided from at the beginning. Unfortunate I have no good connection tio the Dev's Team - some of here seems to have it *looks to Finley and twinkles* and might make a report. I want to keep my blond hairs a bit longer ;).
well, my recommendation would be: DONT ****ING USE GRANITE ITS CRAP

i only found out because i was hired to make a full granite house (which i normally refuse) but the customer is a friend

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same Opionion as you @Finley Grant - I even try to avoid them but for some projects the tool is also not so very useful. Using a few tiles is oki for me if they're not disturbing and not lag-causing. :) Less is often more. I did not try this before the event, I see the faults now and I don't want to be said I haven't you warned before.

I really hope that this tool is getting more love in the future. There's so much you can realize with a bit of fantasy. But up to these day I can't understand only a very few things.
For example this: why are we allowed to use the smaller parts for stairways only for entrance designing and not to set nicer stairways in our houses? Why have we to make L-Shape Stairways with this tricky teleporter-cuttings? Why couldn't we color the tiles? Why have some sets windows, arch-tiles and lot of decoration-elements and others not.

Obviously nobody have thought about that as the tool once was devolopped at AoS-Release - obviously also none have expected that this could be one of the most important things to keep people ingame - for the creative aspect.

Belmarduk

Adventurer
I`m going to wait until all bugs have been worked out, then I am going to convert my castle into a BORG CUBE and assimlate all my neighbours !!!!
4 Floors with TONS of space :))

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I`m going to wait until all bugs have been worked out, then I am going to convert my castle into a BORG CUBE and assimlate all my neighbours !!!!
4 Floors with TONS of space :))
well when i ready this i nearly wish that your neigbour gets blocked by you and the GMs rip your cube apart...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do people actually think they will be getting huge blank plots? I'm a bit confused as to why anyone would think this, they specifically said no to giant plots and borg cubes, so even if those win they would be disqualified. The final say will go to Messana, so heaven knows what we will end up with, but it won't be something she already said she hates seeing. Of course it does seem a bit crazy that all those craftables got added to the game which basically allows people to turn castles and keeps into borg cubes, if the producer doesn't like the idea why did they get added?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do people actually think they will be getting huge blank plots? I'm a bit confused as to why anyone would think this, they specifically said no to giant plots and borg cubes, so even if those win they would be disqualified. The final say will go to Messana, so heaven knows what we will end up with, but it won't be something she already said she hates seeing. Of course it does seem a bit crazy that all those craftables got added to the game which basically allows people to turn castles and keeps into borg cubes, if the producer doesn't like the idea why did they get added?
No, I think they just want to be able to make whatever they want rather than have to select from the approved list. I appreciate that impulse, I too would love a fully customizable castle sized plot. That said, I think people in favor of full customization just have to take into account the screen real estate that castles occupy, and the tendency of people to make boxes out of their homes and those are bad enough with 18x18s. It's obviously never going to happen, cause it would be a bit of a nightmare.