• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh my goodness. BiC is back--

• Thread starter Ransom_of_BiC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
R

Ransom_of_BiC

Look for an influx, folks-- we started up our old accounts (and a few new ones) last night.

I hope to see all our old friends and foes within the coming days.

We've been gone for over 5 years, but after messing around on the free trial for 10 minute last night we were all feeling the pull.

I have to agree with the sentiment: no matter what anyone says, and no matter how long they have been gone...everyone comes back to UO eventually.

Damn, it's great to be back.

A

AlteredState

Hello Chessy, it's been a long time, baby!

I can't seem to figure out my old UO account login or my old Stratics login, so I'm starting from scratch for now. For those that care to remember, I'm BiC's lesser half. Seems like my old character names were Hyper and Legacy -- I think I had some others, but those were my reds and so I played them most often. I'll be going by AlteredState now.

So who are the big dogs on the server now? Any spawns contested? Is everyone a Gargoyle?

____
AlteredState
Benevolent Insurgency of Chesapeake
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I see that G.V.P. is still posting. That dude's been around FOREVER.

S

SaViGnAnO

Not only are they back, they're bringing me with them! I'm not new to BiC, but I'm new to UO, time for some old school pwnage!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Hope to see that BIC Compound back up and running!!

Welcome back to Ultima Online and Stratics

Cheers! :pint:

M

Mr Moosestache

Oh the memories. I may even log on here and there for this. I'd like to see some old faces for once.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to see ya back...too bad CiB isnt around anymore to give ya grief. I'll never forget the fight when one of ours bought a house in BiC country and we helped move him in with practically your entire guild waiting for us.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Wow...what a lot of old faces.

As for the BiC Compound- we are already working on it. While it's not in the same location, (I heard when the compound houses fell (and there were something like 40 of them), that all hell broke loose, and it was a fight to be remembered.) we do have 3 houses in a row. I'll wait to see what else we can get close by before releasing the runes to everyone.

I have to say though, that much time has gone by. I logged into my account and placed the house and then when gating back into my home, found a red following me and just turned around to sort of say, 'hi' before i found myself in ghost form yelling 'oooOoOOo' with a bag full of stuff I'd not looked at in 5 years. The dude looted all my crap, of course-- I'd not even pulled spells at that point, but if I had, I would have forgotten how to use them.

We've got a long way to go before we are ready. I'm sure we'll try to spawn, get attacked, and get our butts just owned into the ground for a few months before figuring out the game, strategies, and get some gear together. However, I'm looking forward to the fun. I'm looking forward to everyone telling us how crappy we are, and then the slow but sure climb back to the top of the ladder-- always knowing that we will still do it without hacks and cheats.

I'm hoping to see my old friends here, but I know I speak for all BiC'ers when I say that I hope to meet knew friends, too.

It's good to be back, folks.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Also, darling--

that only happened because Stratics had a crash and lost some of the old school log ins...

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves to Ransom*

Now if ya turn your pixel self into some SA wingflappin gargy, woman, I may just have to log back on Chessie and kick ur butt on a very old archer named Queen Zen, HUMAN, before ya get with the new stuffs program and become a wingflappin gargy ! :)

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to see ya back...too bad CiB isnt around anymore to give ya grief. I'll never forget the fight when one of ours bought a house in BiC country and we helped move him in with practically your entire guild waiting for us.
LOL Dude, that was my husband, although we were not married at the time. I was BiC and he was CIB. It was like a Hattfield marrying a McCoy!

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Dude, that was my husband, although we were not married at the time. I was BiC and he was CIB. It was like a Hattfield marrying a McCoy!
Oh wow, I SOOOOOOOOOOO remember that now! Was funnier than hell and the ensuing fight was great! (I could have done w/o the drama tho, lol)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite a few CiBs actually went to Siege in 2004, shortly after I went over there. They became WAKA on Siege, course I kept callin some of em whom I knew from Chesapeake since back in the day, by their Ches. chrs. names anyhow on Siege. rolleyes:

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow, I SOOOOOOOOOOO remember that now! Was funnier than hell and the ensuing fight was great! (I could have done w/o the drama tho, lol)
ROFL me too! I was asleep at the time and he woke me up to tell me he was buying a house in the BiC compound and that BiC and CIB were fighting it out.

After we left UO, we played WoW for a few years, left WoW and tried out Tabula Rasa hoping for a UO-style game (NOT), ALMOST re-upped our UO accounts but went back to WoW instead. He's still in WoW, but he sits staring longingly at my screen when I'm in UO.

L

longshanks

Wow...what a lot of old faces.

As for the BiC Compound- we are already working on it. While it's not in the same location, (I heard when the compound houses fell (and there were something like 40 of them), that all hell broke loose, and it was a fight to be remembered.) we do have 3 houses in a row. I'll wait to see what else we can get close by before releasing the runes to everyone.

I have to say though, that much time has gone by. I logged into my account and placed the house and then when gating back into my home, found a red following me and just turned around to sort of say, 'hi' before i found myself in ghost form yelling 'oooOoOOo' with a bag full of stuff I'd not looked at in 5 years. The dude looted all my crap, of course-- I'd not even pulled spells at that point, but if I had, I would have forgotten how to use them.

We've got a long way to go before we are ready. I'm sure we'll try to spawn, get attacked, and get our butts just owned into the ground for a few months before figuring out the game, strategies, and get some gear together. However, I'm looking forward to the fun. I'm looking forward to everyone telling us how crappy we are, and then the slow but sure climb back to the top of the ladder-- always knowing that we will still do it without hacks and cheats.

I'm hoping to see my old friends here, but I know I speak for all BiC'ers when I say that I hope to meet knew friends, too.

It's good to be back, folks.
do you remember the reds name that looted you? Some are cool about returning items especially given an old guild came back.

anyway, welcome back.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I use to get tossed around like a rag doll by BiC back in the day. I loved to try and run through the compound area and see how long I could survive lol. Back then I didn't do much but play my character Orin [KTL] Sarberius [KTL] which was allied to [S*L] I dont think many knew me back then. After many battles against CiB we got bored and transferred off to Lake Austin.

Even further back I played Orin [SH] but I mostly hung around the Britain Graveyard and battled The Government [GoV] and managed to tick off [LoV] by placing a small house in that stretch of land west of the graveyard hehe.

But anyways many fun times for me back then. Funny how a simple 3 letter abbrevation can bring back tons of memories hehe.

If you guys need any help with anything just let me know by PM or you can icq me at 267944224 Glade to have you guys back and look forward to seeing the BiC tag displayed on Chesapeake once more.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my old guild hath returned ! ah the BiC memories ! i still remember when u guys booted all my good friends out that day :/ ... spyder1, murm, amit, lady x, etc ! Murm still plays so ill let him know you're back :) but glad to see you guys, by the way i placed a castle in the heart of the BiC housing area when all they started falling so the area is in good hands ! oh this is demon slayer by the way

R

Ransom_of_BiC

do you remember the reds name that looted you? Some are cool about returning items especially given an old guild came back.

anyway, welcome back.
I remember his name and the guild he came from-- trust me, I won't forget. He handed me some bags back, and I assumed it was my stuff (as we stood around talking)-- but of course it wasn't.

The reality is that I was in fel, I was unprepared, and I died. I'd been in the game after a 5 year absence for less than 2 minutes- but I do know the drill. So while he won the 3 bags of scrolls and other random bits of assorted crap I had on me fair and square, it did irritate me enough that said person is on my poo-list from now until eternity.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

my old guild hath returned ! ah the BiC memories ! i still remember when u guys booted all my good friends out that day :/ ... spyder1, murm, amit, lady x, etc ! Murm still plays so ill let him know you're back :) but glad to see you guys, by the way i placed a castle in the heart of the BiC housing area when all they started falling so the area is in good hands ! oh this is demon slayer by the way
It's a new day, and we'll start our compound somewhere fresh and anew. Although, I've taken a few tours of the old compound in the last few days. Many good memories to be found.

As for booting your 'good friends'-- sometimes decisions must be made. Your 'good friends' remain your 'good friends' regardless what guild you, or they, are in. Although, I must say we will only be recruiting people with that 'certain something else' these days. I think most BiC'ers are far too freaking old to deal with a buncha kids.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I use to get tossed around like a rag doll by BiC back in the day. I loved to try and run through the compound area and see how long I could survive lol. Back then I didn't do much but play my character Orin [KTL] Sarberius [KTL] which was allied to [S*L] I dont think many knew me back then. After many battles against CiB we got bored and transferred off to Lake Austin.

Even further back I played Orin [SH] but I mostly hung around the Britain Graveyard and battled The Government [GoV] and managed to tick off [LoV] by placing a small house in that stretch of land west of the graveyard hehe.

But anyways many fun times for me back then. Funny how a simple 3 letter abbrevation can bring back tons of memories hehe.

If you guys need any help with anything just let me know by PM or you can icq me at 267944224 Glade to have you guys back and look forward to seeing the BiC tag displayed on Chesapeake once more.

Your words mean a lot to our family. Thanks for the kindness.

H

HyperActif

Damn, that's a list of names I haven't heard in a while. We actually had Spyder1 over to the house while we were in Boston. How ya been, bro?

Well, I'm going to be up for some duels this weekend. Rusty as hell, so if you're interested in racking up some insurance gold, hit me up.

Cheers!

R

Ransom_of_BiC

*waves to Ransom*

Now if ya turn your pixel self into some SA wingflappin gargy, woman, I may just have to log back on Chessie and kick ur butt on a very old archer named Queen Zen, HUMAN, before ya get with the new stuffs program and become a wingflappin gargy ! :)
All I have to say is "Wow."

QZ, I was absolutely certain you went to your demise riding on the back of some young man's motorcycle. Or table dancing in Vegas. Or mountain climbing.

I trust all is well with you. How is that lovely daughter of yours? And I SEEM to recall a grandbaby?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, that's a list of names I haven't heard in a while. We actually had Spyder1 over to the house while we were in Boston. How ya been, bro?

Well, I'm going to be up for some duels this weekend. Rusty as hell, so if you're interested in racking up some insurance gold, hit me up.

Cheers!
sounds cool, who is this again?

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Welp, we just attempted our first spawn in five years. I'm rocking a toon that's got 100 magery, no eval and like some random bits of other stuff...We had 4 of us working despise. It was slow going considering we were rather short on gear-- and of course we got owned by 2 or 3 reds and a blue dude.

But- it was fun to experience it again!

H

HyperActif

I don't remember all my character names, but Hyper was my dexxer and Legacy was my scribe mage. I had a blue character, but no idea what her name was.

Despise was a comedy of errors last night -- we got owned PvE-style once and then when we were finally back on our feet, rolled by, I think, a single red and a single blue. Good times -- obviously lots of room for improvement. First up, I might make some macros.

Anyway, so far it's great to be back -- so glad to see that spawns are still contested. Anyone selling a Fel 18x18?

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Or TWO 18x18's that are on the same screen from each other?

L

longshanks

Glad to see some old players came back. Despise remains the champ to do if your looking for a fight. You may have been better served trying to pull a rat elsewhere though i suspect you did despise for the recon as much as anything else.

Five years gone... wow. Some advise. Figure out imbuing. Basically any piece of jewelry youv'e ever looted is worthless now. Exceptions being an orny and crystalline ring.

Unravel it. If you thought this game was item based 5 years ago multiply it by a factor of 10. Goto yew gate and look at what people are running with, if factions figure it to be even higher. It will give you a good sense of where u need to be.

Best of luck.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Luckily, we have a friend of a friend with 120 embuing-- this is a good thing.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, it seems you guys JUST missed all the spawning action that has been going on around here. From what I've heard most of the spawners RECENTLY left the PvP scene on Chessy and left to GL and Atlantic. Though I've noticed it going on over the course of the past year or so.

If you guys build back up, you could be the new PvP guild keeping tabs at each spawn, thus controlling a good portion of Luna.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, it seems you guys JUST missed all the spawning action that has been going on around here. From what I've heard most of the spawners RECENTLY left the PvP scene on Chessy and left to GL and Atlantic. Though I've noticed it going on over the course of the past year or so.

If you guys build back up, you could be the new PvP guild keeping tabs at each spawn, thus controlling a good portion of Luna.
We still have bunches on chessy, dun you worry!