• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh help me please. In a fit of pique, I uninstalled UO after 18 years and

Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
of course only 2 days later I highly regret it. How can I get it back? I had 3 accounts which each had almost a month to go and, well, this is not the sort of thing I do.... But I did. I deleted all my little files about it and house designs etc. I kinda want to start over. If I can still get into the three accounts I could put their gold together and play one account. I even deleted everything I owned in UO and in a way that is a relief. I had become a UO hoarder... I have a new computer with Windows 10 in case that matters. I would like some friendly (not fiendly) advice about this... Thanks in advance. I do remember all my passwords and such....I think... (By coincidence I hope, I am having a brain MRI the day after Christmas, so the symptoms I've been having may have something to do with my rejection of UO.)

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Suggestion Is get out for more than two days, go do something nice for someone in your RL community( it is the season). Your accounts will still be there a month from now(minus the stuff you deleted).... Good luck

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I uninstalled the game though. Do I just attempt to start an account as if I never had one. I am doing nice things for my daughters and their children. I keep hoping the game itself might still be on my computer, hidden somewhere. Thank you for answering "It Lives", it makes me feel better and you do have a good suggestion. Walking away from the game for a week or two would have been better than what I did. I live alone, don't drive and never have but I do paint (paintings) have a huge library of books, but the game is my social life, such as it is. No guilds though.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
just go to uo.com, find the "play now" option, click it then find the client you wish to use and click on it to download the game.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing is lost - all your character's stats are on the server, just download and re-install then log in. You will have to re-do macros etc, but that's all. Here's the page: Client Download | Ultima Online
The part you need is under the heading
Already subscribed? Download the client
Choose one of the clients below:

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh thank you Angel and Petra. I have done that but there was a patching problem. Not sure what to do about it. I have already logged in the main characters from 2 of my three accounts. I can't remember how to be able to get two chars (from 2 accounts) up at once so I can give all the gold to the one account I intend to keep forever (lol). You guys are the most wonderful in the world... at this moment. What led me to delete was a three page series of complaints about the Devs, etc. plus my own frustration of having to learn so much so fast. So...I'm back in the saddle. Kinda nice not to have so much stuff to sort. Also my main character got a Book III of Mage Mastery and ate it by mistake although thats not really a problem as she is an all 120 mystic mage spellweaver. I suppose I could place a house and get a bank on the wall thing to pass all the gold to her, if I can't figure out the two chars at once thing. Also how do I get it to finish patching? My grown (very grown) daughters have always helped me with the how to set up a computer type stuff and so did my late husband.... Petra, you are my favorite person in UO, also Lord God (the player) who has given me so many ideas of templates to try... Should I click the 3d client too and install that, even though I don't like the look of it, or the look of the characters? Duh.... I am starting to feel like a winner at last again....

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
on the patching screen, there's a perform full file check button in the lower left corner - that's assuming that you're using the classic client

to open another client to do gold transfers, just double click the icon you use to launch the game again

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are playing CC, you cannot have 2 instances of UOAssist open and it will stop the process if you click on the UOA icon after already having the game open. To open multiple instances of UO, just click the regular client file, make sure you are just opening the client and not UOA. In EC just click anything to open 2nd account, it's not as picky about Pinco's as is CC about UOA and having multiple clients open.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
of course only 2 days later I highly regret it. How can I get it back? I had 3 accounts which each had almost a month to go and, well, this is not the sort of thing I do.... But I did. I deleted all my little files about it and house designs etc. I kinda want to start over. If I can still get into the three accounts I could put their gold together and play one account. I even deleted everything I owned in UO and in a way that is a relief. I had become a UO hoarder... I have a new computer with Windows 10 in case that matters. I would like some friendly (not fiendly) advice about this... Thanks in advance. I do remember all my passwords and such....I think... (By coincidence I hope, I am having a brain MRI the day after Christmas, so the symptoms I've been having may have something to do with my rejection of UO.)
Weren't you just active less than a month ago ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might also need to 'run as admin' (right click the UO icon on your desktop, Run as administrator should be one of the options on the menu that opens)

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
All is well now in my life as a Pixellian, thanks to the suggestions and reminders from all of you! By the way, Garth Grey, I have been active up until four days ago when I decided I could do without UO.....easy to say.....but I missed it more than I thought possible. The best thing is that I didn't delete any of my characters but I did delete everything else, including houses. Somebody should lock this thread before the guy who called me a troller comes back.... I swear there was a meanie poster on this thread last night, but his post is missing today. Whew...

Status
Not open for further replies.