• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Oh Fukiya, ...

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

"Oh Fukiya, don't you cry for me! For I've been to New Haven Wood with my fletch kit on my knee."

My woodsman just gained about 3.5 bowcraft points making fukiya in New Haven. With skill in the low 50s, it's a wonderful thing to make for skill gain, except that it is one of the most frustrating things to craft.

Upsides -- very good skill gain
-- no resources wasted

Downsides -- no Arms Lore check
-- time consuming, so slow Lumberjack skill gain
-- procedure
--- 1) begin with a pile of logs or boards on ground next to you
--- 2) pick up one log and place in backpack
--- 3) from fletcher gump, click Make Last until fukiya results
--- 4) repeat 2) and 3) until all logs are gone

I'm using the Advanced Client. Is there any way to make a macro for this? The reason this process is complicated is that making fukiyas will use up all the logs in your backpack in one swoop. An unnumbered stack of, say, 80, fukiya result. So to get all the skill checks from 80 logs, you have to do one at a time.

Sigh. If no way to automate this, I think at my skill level I'm better off making regular bows. I'd gain in Arms Lore, and I'd Lumberjack more often, meaning more LJ gains.

For anyone interested, my woodsman is an elf, with the following goal template:

100: Bowcraft, Carpentry, Arms Lore, Lumberjacking
80: Blacksmithing
75: Magery, Tailoring
50: Tinkering
45 Music

(The Carpentry skill requires all those non-GM skills to craft all of it's items.)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could start to work on heartwood quests for bows. With some luck you might catch a good talisman for later use and get the bowyer recipes for free.

I

imperterritus

Yes, he'll be doing most of his bowcraft in Heartwood. Wood Yew is only 3 days old, and he's waiting for his pack mule to bond before venturing far from New Haven.