• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh boy. THIS thing again.

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Prince Caspian

Ok, I thought that this was a spectre from the past, but it has raised its hideous visage again.

As many of you may know, I play the KR client. I think its great -- I mean, when it works. But one of the most infuriating bugs, which I assumed was corrected, has re-appeared.

Basically, what happens is that the screen gets a few weird "shards" (not servers, jagged triangles) from the edges of the screen, and the game starts to stutter.

Then, here's the fun part -- then it freezes up and my monitor blinks off and the XP screen saver starts to hover around, like it isn't getting input. 90% of the time, I am stuck until I manually switch the computer off. A few times, it will come back, and run choppily.

I updated my graphics drivers, and still had the problem. Finally, this issue disappeared about 6 months back. Well, now it's back.

Is anyone else having this problem? It seems to especially act up in crowded areas like town.

Oh, and I missed you guys. Glad to see the forums back up. :p

L

Lord Richard

Turn off the screen saver?..Put the computer power mode in "always on", never turn off monitor. I'm sure you tried these, but, hey, it's worth a try.

M

Millie

I play 2-d and have been having problems at times also. I have a good video card, with 512 memory and it has been updated. My main computer has 2 gigs of memory, besides the 512. When I'm in Dark Moonglow I lag, get 20 little pictures of the same thing trailing along and then my monitor goes blank and says " input device not supported " and I have to re-boot to get back in game. Only once has it happened outside of Moonglow, and that time I did not get booted nor did my monitor go out. Funny thing is I only have the Problem in uo.