• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Official Forums ?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I went ahead and registered at uo.com/forums.

I cannot find any buttons to create a new thread or to post, comment or reply to any threads.

What am I missing?

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe Endless Journey account? I read somewhere that you cannot post unless you subscribe. Not 100% sure though ...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only paying accounts can post. If you are paying it should work. Contact "support".

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame. That system is nothing but trolls and people too frightened to post publicly, getting the trolls set upon them.

Then, if you are really lucky... you get a stalker who follows you here, dogging most of your postings. Thankfully we have the ignore feature. Even that doesnt stop them.

I had high hopes for their "official" system, but its too little... too late.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It works well for the devs collecting feedback on specific questions they have.

Anything beyond that is same old. IMO not worth it unless you want to actively engage in their testing.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's exactly why I decided to go ahead and register. Maybe they, the devs, pay a little more attention there than here.

They seem always to be working on something big or a lot of stuff it doesn't seem anyone asked for. I've a long list of just little stuff. Small game changes and artwork fixes. I'm just gonna give'em a try and see what happens.

Already had a good experience with a moderator. Was able to delete my first account and fix my username relatively painlessly.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame. That system is nothing but trolls and people too frightened to post publicly, getting the trolls set upon them.

Then, if you are really lucky... you get a stalker who follows you here, dogging most of your postings. Thankfully we have the ignore feature. Even that doesnt stop them.

I had high hopes for their "official" system, but its too little... too late.

Why would anyone be "frightened" to post on the official Forums ?

Frightened about what ??

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's exactly why I decided to go ahead and register. Maybe they, the devs, pay a little more attention there than here.
That's exactly why I had registered... and it was a free-for-all of trolling.

I do wish you a lot of luck! Shard area are totally worthless for trying to do business. No trade area, for shards.

I dont even think the staff paid attention here, much, until this latest team took over... but I wasnt posting then. You know how it is: You hear things. :)

Thankfully, a few staffers are very approachable these days. Funny thing being the business office was right in the middle of my county I lived and worked for years. (Fairfax County VA) Not that I would ever go to those meetings as I'm not big in to that sort of thing, but it would have been nice... if things had worked out that way. Heck... I'd love to have way more understanding on how these things work vs. the political rubbish. I'm both delighted and stunned UO is still up and running. :D