• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Offering ethy "retouching" service...

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I have recently bought a retouching tool (11th year reward) I wanted to offer free retouching of your ethy (yes, plural as well)....

Simply shout for Hephaistos in general chat and if I have time I will do it right away.

For those that don´t know about this:
using this tool on any ethy makes it change to solid form (meaning f.e. a horse will look like a horse and not like a shadow anymore). And it also works the other way round. Works for any ethy afaik, someone please correct me if there are exeptions.

I will do this for free, but won´t refuse donations, should you feel like it :)

Oh, this would actually mean you have to hand me your ethy to in order to be able to do it, I will not give the tool out of my hands. But maybe it even works in a trade window, have not tried yet. But doubt it tbh.

Let´s see it as a new area of trusting other players, like the old brit forge days when you had to hand your weapons and armor to a blacksmith you trusted for repairs :). What a great time this was.....

Thx..

Hephaistos of Europa

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too right you are!

This is a nice gesture and I would trust you 100%!!!

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May take you up on this for my polar bear ethies :)

Nice gesture!

I remember them days handing my vanqs over and full valorite plate suit I'd worked for weeks to get! Most trusted smithy back in the day was Lord Ulysses (sp) had a vendor small tower just behind Brit graveyard! Anyone remember him?

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember him well, yes. Still have kept some of his stuff. The smith of this time I remember most though is Lord Ironchew, or "chewie", as many called him...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most trusted smithy back in the day was Lord Ulysses (sp) had a vendor small tower just behind Brit graveyard! Anyone remember him?
Sure do! I found a bag full of repair deeds from him. Does he still play?

Chew

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... a couple of years later:

Hi ! :)

I remember him well, yes. Still have kept some of his stuff. The smith of this time I remember most though is Lord Ironchew, or "chewie", as many called him...
Thanks for the flowers, but Uly was still a bit more popular (aswell a couple of weeks older ... IC/ingame) than me.
But yes, that were times with Lord "Ulysses", "SirTobyOne" and myself, Lord "Ironchew" at Brit-forge (fel. ofc).

Found this post by searching for my old friend Uly :)

Cheers
Chew
Former owner of the "Tower of Roses" (ToR)

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there!
Now that is a voice from the past :)

You have posted one of the reasons you are the number one in my books:

Former owner of the "Tower of Roses" (ToR)
As much as I remember the tower (and the roses), I am still using the ToR site when I have a memory leak in my head. And I point so many younger players to it. This makes you truly "immortal" :) ...

You probably know this:
The old RAA shop (it has moved some months ago) was still owned by a char named Ulysses if I am not mistaken. I bet Lien Ragus or any of the older RAA people would know more about Uly´s whereabouts.

All the best to you!

Hephaistos of Europa

Chew

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, when I decided to leave UO behind me, Uly had moved his shop from that small house near Brit-graveyard (Fel) towards Trammel, to a spot south-west of where Spiritwood is located in Felucca to a spot at the coastline there in Trammel.

No idea who is running his LUAAF (spelling?) now. (used to be something like: Lord Ulysses and friends).
I just hoped to get a hint or sign of life from my mate Uly :)

Cheers
Chew

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Arkanos, I´ll try to catch you ingame soon if your offer still stands.

Been thinking about asking someone to do this for ages cuz I hate transparent mounts so I´ll gladly donate some gold for your services. :)