• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Offered to report tamer for a murder count in Trammel

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't have even if the person weren't a friend, but it's beyond concerning to me that blues can get a count when they weren't doing anything wrong. My friend was on a tamer, I was on a sampire, and I was a screen away when a trio of paras killed me. Then I had the option, "Do you want to report _______ as a murderer?"

Characters weren't guilded, not partied. Never saw anything like this before.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't have even if the person weren't a friend, but it's beyond concerning to me that blues can get a count when they weren't doing anything wrong. My friend was on a tamer, I was on a sampire, and I was a screen away when a trio of paras killed me. Then I had the option, "Do you want to report _______ as a murderer?"

Characters weren't guilded, not partied. Never saw anything like this before.
I've gotten this before too, I assume it has something to do with the flagging system. I turned a blue red, and he asked me how he got a count when he didn't attack me or heal anyone. We did pvp earlier, that's why I assumed it had something to do with the flagging system.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They had an issue early on with certain area damage specials hitting other people's pets and doing actual damage. Maybe instead of fixing that completely they just put a bandaid on it and rigged it. Maybe that area damage actually 'hits' the pets still, as well as your character, but they have coded it to where it does not do any actual damage but that is why it flagged???

That's about the only reason I could think of...

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
nah, certain pets can still do AOE damage. my chiv dogs holy light, and my banes poison breath have killed people in tram

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Dang.. had heard they 'fixed' it... just coming back from like a long break and trying to catch up sooo...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Doesn't UO have a long history of fixing Bug A causing older (but fixed) Bug B to become unfixed? I seem to remember that there were a couple bugs about a decade ago, where we went a year or more where they'd fix one, which would break the other, and vice versa, through several fix cycles before they figured out that the bug was with a third system they didn't realize affected the other two.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have this problem when I do treasure maps with my friends in fel. I will summon a reaper and every once in a while it will attack them for absolutely no reason, then flag me and make me gray.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Changing the subject only slightly, can I still get reported for leaving poisoned food or trapped boxes lying around?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Changing the subject only slightly, can I still get reported for leaving poisoned food or trapped boxes lying around?
Not in Trammel. They can take it to Fel and use it though.
I legit got a count like that once in Tram. Was training poison, put a fish steak on the ground dude at it, died and counted me. When did they make it to where that can't happen?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I legit got a count like that once in Tram. Was training poison, put a fish steak on the ground dude at it, died and counted me. When did they make it to where that can't happen?
It's been a long time since I tested it, like years and years. Maybe it is my memory failing me. Perhaps I should try it again.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a long time since I tested it, like years and years. Maybe it is my memory failing me. Perhaps I should try it again.
and it counted the poisoning toon, correct? I can remember someone asking a blue to poison 100 apples and the person went to tram wbb putting apples all over so the 'helpful' blue turned DEEEEEP red without knowing what they did.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and it counted the poisoning toon, correct? I can remember someone asking a blue to poison 100 apples and the person went to tram wbb putting apples all over so the 'helpful' blue turned DEEEEEP red without knowing what they did.
That is old school stuff. Always think of it if you saw a apples in the ground irl would you eat it.

What happens if you become red while in tram they still kick you to a randomly shine in Fel?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That is old school stuff. Always think of it if you saw a apples in the ground irl would you eat it.

What happens if you become red while in tram they still kick you to a randomly shine in Fel?

I was bored so figured I would break out my poisoner and see if it still works. Sadly it doesn't. Tried it with apples and fish steaks. He is 90 skill, using greater and got the successful message. Eating the food (with both the Poisoner and the Victim) just got the normal eating messages... :sad4:

Attachments