• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Of Gargoyle and Queen's Soulforge...

N

Nematode

Hi all,

from my understanding, being a gargoyle and using the Queen's Soulforge both increases your chances of successfully imbuing items.

So, if Im already at 100% success chance at imbuing as a human, would there be a reason for me to change race, as well as the need to use the Queen's forge? If there is a reduction in ingreds used in the latter, then of course its worth it, but from what I can see, there isn't.

However, I do know that UNRAVELING makes a difference in that case. What about solely from an imbuing point of view?

Reason Im asking is cos my crafter is human, and has 0 loyalty points. And as I approach the higher imbuing skill level, I can see that the success chances are actually pretty good already.

Insights, pse? Thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
???

Kras, it's NOT POSSIBLE to be 100% at imbuing on items that are even remotely close to the full 500% total intensity level. In fact, most of the time, when trying to imbue items with a 5th property, putting it into the 490-500% total range, I'm usually below 30% chance with my human with 120 Skill, at the Queen's forge.

At 120 skill, you'll be over 100% success on the first and second properties, but it goes quickly downhill when you add properties 3, 4, & 5.

N

Nematode

Lol! Indeed! I feel so dumb now. Didnt realise it gets progressively harder with higher total item weight.

Disregard this thread, nothing to see here!