• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Of Exceptional Quality

BastianHawk

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have this feathered hat that isn't named but only titled 'Of Exceptional Quality'. Double Exceptional Quality title/subtitle. Looking for a price check, thanks!

of_exceptional_quality.png

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have this feathered hat that isn't named but only titled 'Of Exceptional Quality'. Double Exceptional Quality title/subtitle. Looking for a price check, thanks!

View attachment 36695
Most items with the title like that are from 100k-500k. Hats and footware are a little more popular so sometimes they may fetch more. But that title is one of the least expensive ones. It would be worth no more than 2-3m at the very very most. But 500k is probably the right price.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd honestly estimate less than 100k, maybe 200k at the most because it is a wearable. Of all the different types of double exceptional, this kind is second to least desired and the fairly common. The "Exceptional horned blah blah" armor with exceptional under it is the least popular and very common. However, it is a great starting point for beginning collectors as the pieces are easier to find, there is a wider variety and they are generally on the lower end of the pricing scale. If you can find someone willing to pay more than my PC, I'd go for it. Otherwise, perhaps this item is a chance for you to start your own collection if you don't collect already and this could be your very first piece.

Hopefully this info helps and if you decide to sell it, I hope it goes as high as the stars for you. :heart:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An' I'll add in... if you do decide to start collecting, I'll donate a OEQ small table to help get your collection started. I am pretty sure I have some in backstock :)

BastianHawk

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'd honestly estimate less than 100k, maybe 200k at the most because it is a wearable. Of all the different types of double exceptional, this kind is second to least desired and the fairly common. The "Exceptional horned blah blah" armor with exceptional under it is the least popular and very common. However, it is a great starting point for beginning collectors as the pieces are easier to find, there is a wider variety and they are generally on the lower end of the pricing scale. If you can find someone willing to pay more than my PC, I'd go for it. Otherwise, perhaps this item is a chance for you to start your own collection if you don't collect already and this could be your very first piece.

Hopefully this info helps and if you decide to sell it, I hope it goes as high as the stars for you. :heart:
Thank you so much for the information Assia! I'll likely just keep it in a dusty chest in the back corner of my house where it has been for years. I'm not much of a collector but I do appreciate the offers!

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

@Assia Penryn ... You mention "Exceptional horned blah blah" is the least popular and very common. Do you have a list of categories from most desireable to least?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Angel of Sonoma

In my experience... armor with the "Exceptional ____________" and Exceptional under it. Of EQ is next Then full titled EQ, then full titled EQ (blessed) and then [Exceptional] and then [Exceptional] (blessed)

There are some minor variances to above such as an item being made out of a rare cloth, slime dyed, sigil, etc that can't be duplicated. Having one of the other factors can bump an item up in the scale depending on the item and the factor.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Angel of Sonoma

In my experience... armor with the "Exceptional ____________" and Exceptional under it. Of EQ is next Then full titled EQ, then full titled EQ (blessed) and then [Exceptional] and then [Exceptional] (blessed)

There are some minor variances to above such as an item being made out of a rare cloth, slime dyed, sigil, etc that can't be duplicated. Having one of the other factors can bump an item up in the scale depending on the item and the factor.
That is a correct assumption. Though depending on the full title EQ (blessed) and [Exceptional] items go back and forth. I reverse those mostly based on availability and due to all [Exceptional] items being in the "made by" category with a makers mark attached- making them less desirable than fully titled EQ (blessed) items.

Does that make sense to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's true. Crafter name on [Exceptional] can make a factor in value... adding or detracting from value depending on the buyer and the crafter name. I personally prefer no crafter name or an RP based crafter name on those, but I still think if it you compare the same item... for example ... A Katana of Exceptional Quality, A Katana Made by Xe3rxad [Exceptional] ... the made by katana will always as a rule of thumb be higher than the full titled EQ katana. So my price ladder is based on item vs item... it is true that some rare full named EQ items can be worth more than a more commonly seen [exceptional] item, but I was primarily focused on "like" items.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
correct. With weapons that is an ok difference. With wearables it becomes a huge issue for me. If i had my choice between
"a feathered hat of exceptional quality (blessed)"
exceptional
blessed

and ...

"a feathered hat made by Xe3rxad [Exceptional]"
Exceptional

I would choose the top hat all day.
But if the name changes to
"a feathered hat made by Tommy Hilfiger [Exceptional]"
Exceptional

That changes the price point!

You make some very good points @Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do as well, Scott! I agree and understand your reasoning. Perhaps reversing the full titled EQ (blessed) and the [exceptional] might be more accurate more often than not.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg...everyones after a piece of the true rares pie....go back to the endless em stuff folks.. leave this old school stuff to the true old school collectors plz....;)

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
omg...everyones after a piece of the true rares pie....go back to the endless em stuff folks.. leave this old school stuff to the true old school collectors plz....;)
Ha! Never! I live and die by semi-rares. Sure I have a few Em rares, but nothing compares to the chase of a good old fashioned titled semi-rare! I have @Athelas to thank for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thats right. There was a time where I thought maybe I wanted to spend all my gold on Event stuff...but that didn't last long. Id rather go broke suiting up a new mannequin.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well I am just glad I bought all these things when they were selling for 1k on vendors and people were throwing them away.

slippjeem

Looking for a whispering rose for Little
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am Looking for anything made by MAZTHEHAMMER, he made me my first set and all I have is a chain tunic and a repair deed, so if you see that name I am interested.