• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oddball template idea

Innoxicated

Journeyman
You still need tactics for specials, but I'm sure you could find a way to fit it in. also you'll need enchant for spell channeling, and it's like a 2 minute duration at best. Not necessarily a deal breaker, esp if you're already casting DF and cons a lot, except that it keeps you from swinging. Might as well rock stone form, it's got some neat perks.

Focus attack with enchant might be pretty cool; b/t mystic mastery for mystic weapon and enchant for hit spell/spell channeling you would be able to free up a lot of space in a weapon. If you don't want parry you could go 1-handed, no sheild, and use the fk out of healing stone.

Would hit dispell prevent enchant from possibly negating slayer damage bonus?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm all for non-standard templates but the combinations you're talking about don't go well together. There's a bit more to it than throw that skill on and gain all it's benefits, you need to think about factors like, swing speed, casting, interruption, healing, curing, damage, what level monsters you're fighting.

With no Tactics you won't deal enough damage to leech/live.
Focus Attack is 30 DI and doubles your 'Hit' properties on weapons. *I think* you can also only use it with one handed weapons, which equates to lower base damage.

Mysticism for a dexxer works best built for Stone Form. Stone Form works best for using bandages to Heal because you can't be Poisoned or have your Dex lowered. But it comes with certain penalties like -10 SSI. If you're intending to cast during combat you also then need to factor in the penalties from playing in Protection.

Ninjitsu for a dexxer works best for Mirror Images. Mirror Images work best at 4/6 casting. Other good uses are Animal Forms. All of this means being on foot.

Necro for a dexxer works best with either Vamp Form, Wraith Form, Curse Weapon, or a mixture of all three. If using the forms you're not using Stone Form from Mystic. Ninja/Wammys work well.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
As I noted before this is still just a thought experiment. The Negatives of stone form (-10 ssi) is easily overcome to still achieve the max ssi. I have found that I run a lot of 1 handed weapons anyway because I chug pots, so that would not be an issue. Since I would keep casting to a minimum anyhow I would not run protection, casting would be IF I need a rising colossus. the ability to cast an rc would mean I would be on an ethie and dropping to on foot is not an issue.

None of the forms I would be in would preclude me from being on foot, in fact stone form and wraith form would require it, and VE would not matter one way or the other. since I would not take the usual paroxysmus swampy with me. This means that the mirror images would be no issue from that regard.

In terms of damage output with vs without tactics... Not near as big a deal as you think... Stone tactics off of a sampire like I have done on several occasions and see that it is quite possible, even easy to do peerless and champ spawns (at least the ones I do). With the stacked damage of a slayer talisman and a slayer weapon I can still hit crazy hard with no specials and just ninja. This is based on my sampire dropping tactics so a 600 point build.

essentially all I would be doing is switching swords and tactics for mystic weapon and focus initially. This means no specials other than from spells. My next step would be dropping my 70 to 80 parry for ninjitsu. with 45 dci I would be getting hit less, and I am not giving up anything since I am not using all of the stances from bushido any ways.

In terms of the stats on suits... not even close to my first rodeo. i normally run 45hci 45dci 90di 40lmc 100lrc 50ep fc4 fcr6 hpi25 si50 mi50 cameo slayer 30ssi plus town bonus, 18hpr 18sr 18mr and maxed out resists in form. add a weapon to the mix and i have stacked slayers plus leeches.

Like I said this is an experiment but its not going to be a half assed attempt at it, I plan to spend some serious money on it. Stay tuned!
All the suit mods in the game won't overcome a terrible template setup. I don't think you're understanding the points I'm making. The negative of Stone Form isn't just 10 SSI, you can't be in two forms at once, if your saying that your intention is to switch between them depending on the situation then it's a waste of skill points the majority of the time and you'd be better off just stoning skills in and out as required. If your not casting the majority of the time then it is a further waste of time having it on there. You would get more benefit from having Weapon/Tactics and actively using the skills in battle. What is the purpose of having Mystic on there if you're barely going to use it? You can't have a Colossus up and use Mirror Images at the same time. If you're using 70-80 Ninjitsu the Images will only divert 40-50% of the time which makes that another waste of points.