• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Odd local spawn changes with Krampus?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just noticing a slight change in local spawn in the last week that "may" be a result of the Krampus spawn.

To explain, this being Tram (on Atlantic). My town normally has zero spawn. No monsters. No animals at all. The past few days I've noticed a few animals including a wild horse as well as an NPC Healer. I have NEVER seen any NPC spawn... ever, ever, ever since April 2003 when I got the first building.

I've seen a LOT of random players running past as I work in my shop, making things. :) This is highly unusual normally, at the edge of Yew. Now I fully understand the Krampus spawn, I understand WHY this is happening. I had a Frost Drake at my doorstep last week, when recalling in with a low-power crafter. Seeing I know the game staff loves to super-charge event spawn, I changed to my main hunter and killed it with ease. My crafter could have done the job! But better safe then sorry.

I also know, from many years experience, monsters will lock on to players from far away and run after them... as they recall away. When this happens a couple times, the monster becomes "super-charged" and I can never catch them. Otherwise, I kill any monster that simply wonders in for shopper safety. This has also increased since the event spawn only because of hunter foot-traffic.

So, goodness knows I'm not the only one in a zero-spawn area. I also dont play other shards. (Very much.) Thus, my question to the active players is simply... are you seeing any change to localized spawn in your home area? Even if its Fel, Malas, or whatever homes are allowed.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I assume that there are placed some additional spawn machines to catch up the traders.
Did you know the drake can be tamed?