• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania Shard Lag and login issues

S

Sioned

Ok something is not quiet right with our server again..last few days at times cannot log in or shortly after i do it disconnects..What are there to many of us on the shard or something :) NQR is what I say..something is happening and there hasn't been a peep from anyone..So i though i'd start the ball rolling and start the whinging.

A

AirGuitarGod

Same here.

Packet Loss causing screen freeze and jumpiness, frequent loss of connection, trouble reconnecting, or times when the shard does not appear at all on the list ... very frustrating.

Something definitely is not right.

I also play on Pacific and have not experienced any of these problems there recently.

Come on EA, get your poopoo together! :)

A

AirGuitarGod

and now the shard is offline altogether ... grrrrrrrr

S

Sioned

Seriously come on. No Oceania Shard last night. I again this morning and still no shard. What the hell is going on. I was looking forward to playing a bit this weekend. The shard has been playing up for a while now you could sort of see this coming. Get it up back up quick. Ah welcome to the modern world. Great technology that people cant keep going. They charge top dollar and provide substandard service. Yeah. Good morning.

S

Sooyin

So no Oceania Shard last nite and again today!!!! Why is the Shard getting from bad to worst ... from serious lagging issues to complete downtime? Many of us on the Shard have been consistent long term players, some paying as long or even longer since before the Oceania Shard began.

It is our perception that Oceania has more lag issues and downtime than other shards. Surely we deserve an explanation. We schedule play time, like Sioned said. Strangely enough such lag and downtime issues mainly happen during the weekends. Is it your strategy to FORCE players from Oceania to leave and phase out Oceania?????

Your prompt response would be appreciated.

S

Sioned

Again, come home from work looking forward to a bit of UO...Log in and a few minutes later D/C and now struggling to log in at all or very crashy...time to fire up the trusty PS3 maybe i should buy a non EA game in protest...Get it sorted already how hard can it be?

Juztme

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've been massively laggy today, yesterday, no worries. :S
Seriously come on. No Oceania Shard last night. I again this morning and still no shard. What the hell is going on. I was looking forward to playing a bit this weekend. The shard has been playing up for a while now you could sort of see this coming. Get it up back up quick. Ah welcome to the modern world. Great technology that people cant keep going. They charge top dollar and provide substandard service. Yeah. Good morning.
And look..suprise suprise..its down again today... 10.33pm and still not there...
GM support = "ty for your feedback...the matter is being looked into please watch UOherald for updates" hint.. dont bother with UOHerald because the last 4 issues they tell you when its fixed.. guess what I already know when its fixed.. Because I can log in!! Unlike right now *sigh*