• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Occlo and housing?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howso? I've had several houses around Occlo and they've been fine.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howso? I've had several houses around Occlo and they've been fine.
That's good to know. Any idea what and where the biggest size house you can place there is? Looks like the terrain is really bumpy.

Thanks.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's true as far as I remember.
Some years ago I had a house on Occlo to the West from the northern end of town and it was a 4 story house and I could not build the top story because it apparently was over the "ceiling" of that area in game.
Or so the GM told me. But that was on Pacific and like I said many years ago...

L

Liquid_Ape

There is room to place at least an L shape 2 story, a villa and a log cabin in one area. In another there is room for a couple of 8x11 or 9x12's. Nothing huge, but you can get a small player town going.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
almost 90% of the housing once seen on Occlo was improperly placed. It's housing that is gone forever when the houses fall.

L

Liquid_Ape

I had a little trouble finding a couple of the spots I know are there (I placed them on chessy within the past year and pulled them up about 3 months ago to change shards). Here are some that I did find, including a couple of new ones by the fighting arena thing:

An 8x13 or a 9x11 fits here depending on preferences.

Another 8x13.

9x10

This is a 10x14 by the new fighting arena.

13x8 also by the new fighting arena.

This is a classic L-Shape. Can't upgrade it, but...

Once I re-locate the other two spots I can post pics of their locations as well. As some have said, there are lots of 7x7 and 8x7 sized spots all over. Some might could fit something a tile or two bigger, but I haven't looked for them.

L

Liquid_Ape

Re: Ocllo and housing?

As promised:

Log cabin spot

Trying to get the Villa spot to take - the automap files don't translate well to UOCartographer.

L

Liquid_Ape

Finally, the Villa spot:

Not that many care, but it's nice to archive some housing spots on the forgotten isle of Ocllo.