• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

obsidian knight's deceit castle idoc

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This should be the biggest warning the Devs can get about the state of UO.
Castles going Idoc, these are the be all and end all of Housing in UO, once you have one you don't let it "accidentally" fall to Idoc.
Especially now we know they are gonna get a few new designs soon so they will actually be useful.
One or Two maybe fine, but this is the 6th Castle Idoc i know about in the last few months and they haven't been empty shells either.....

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldnt get my hopes up for the new castles. If this was something they really wanted to do, they would have had the tool out already so people could put in submissions. I think this is another false hope to keep people playing.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Castles going Idoc, these are the be all and end all of Housing in UO, once you have one you don't let it "accidentally" fall to Idoc.
Especially now we know they are gonna get a few new designs soon so they will actually be useful.
One or Two maybe fine, but this is the 6th Castle Idoc i know about in the last few months and they haven't been empty shells either.....
This.

Really its time to consider a whole host of new options for the UO business model.

But of course the 100 people who still love the game and want it to remain pay to play will win out.

I myself are going to move some of my possessions to a bank over the next couple of weekends.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There are plenty of games now with tiered payment models, ranging from totally free grind-fests up to a more normal monthly subscription, maybe they are thinking of bringing that in with the new extended trial? I can't see the present subscription and free trial model working if the trial accounts become more permanent, there are too many restrictions, also most people who play free games will not be willing to pay the current subscription fee, which is quite high in comparison to other games, unless you buy 6 months at a time.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This.

Really its time to consider a whole host of new options for the UO business model.

But of course the 100 people who still love the game and want it to remain pay to play will win out.

I myself are going to move some of my possessions to a bank over the next couple of weekends.

I have already closed 1 account and working on closing a second account down as well

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone who has done idocs consistently for years (and by years I mean 12+ years) - castles have always fallen. As have big Atlantic Luna houses that are worth even more than castles.

For some people this is a game. And sometimes they just move on, and forget about it, and their houses fall. Even if the house is worth a lot.

"The state of uo" as you put it has nothing to do with it.

Also - this wasn't Obsidian Knight's Castle.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Castles have always fallen, Yes.
Castles full of loot and not just crap, No.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got two kills!! Me versus 15+ and pets. LOL
Sounds like PvP is working great. Why the complaints? You are supposed to kill 15 others and their pets? Id say 2 is damn good.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Most the "LNR" Guild members quit, The Fel castle from last night was his 2nd Castle, the other one in Trammel collapsed a month ago...
The Best items on that castle was the phoenix suit set and the Mace, which was 1 of 1 Item and probably well over 4 Billion gold in value, according to @Nails Warstein but as everybody saw they were at the owners vendor and not mannequins so as soon as the house collapsed those items vanished in the history of UO.... Vendors dont follow the same rule as mannequins and all the gold and contents is Poof.

Great job @Rafman on the placement , damn server down and server up time!!! :)

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this may be a sign of the times, I can guarantee you, that yes, Castles do fall. I had one fall, lost everything. I won't go into specifics, as I believe EA was to blame for the mishap and with the time that has passed, no point in arguing it, but then obviously I chose to also pay ever 2.5 months so I guess I should of paid monthly. Bottom line is it fell, I didn't mean for it too, or want it too, losing billions worth of items, rares, one of a kind rares, and all my soul stones.

Now I am back, and although there are many things I will probably never see again of what I lost, I have re-acquired a castle and have spent months re-building my once had-wealth items that have sentimental meaning and value to me.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Three rubble display cases, some of the cool wall pieces, and a few Mesanna masks. It was fun though with the pvp guilds fighting and everyone there stealthing/dying. Wish the owner best and hope to see him back soon. Thanks for letting gen chat know guys; it was a fun one for everyone.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as everybody saw they were at the owners vendor and not mannequins so as soon as the house collapsed those items vanished in the history of UO.... Vendors dont follow the same rule as mannequins and all the gold and contents is Poof.

Great job @Rafman on the placement , damn server down and server up time!!! :)
I thought the vendor's items go back to the owner's bank account, no?? Sad if not.... Hope they made it there for the owner's sake when he comes back.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It was skele weines two castles :{

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost my Tram Ice Island castle on Sonoma a few months ago. Not a single IM, email, or facebook warning from old guild mates.

It was filled to the rafters with Ice White hedges, white Dragon Heads, TONS of Liche Spawn loot, Fountains, Teleporters, Rubble pieces, vet rewards, and on and on and on. The six-month auto-renew did not kick in for some reason, and it happened right in the middle of a job change and move IRL. I was unable to log in for a couple of months. When I finally did, everything was gone. Yes, they sent the email that the account had been canceled, but it got lost in all the other spam and I never noticed it. I did the math, and it fell early, so I must have only missed it by a few days. At first it was heartbreaking, then kind of liberating. After losing that much stuff, I have not logged in to play since. Think I am going to consolidate the rest of my items and work on shutting down my remaining two accounts. Losing that much stuff may just be the kick in the pants I needed to finally make a break.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I lost my Tram Ice Island castle on Sonoma a few months ago. Not a single IM, email, or facebook warning from old guild mates.

It was filled to the rafters with Ice White hedges, white Dragon Heads, TONS of Liche Spawn loot, Fountains, Teleporters, Rubble pieces, vet rewards, and on and on and on. The six-month auto-renew did not kick in for some reason, and it happened right in the middle of a job change and move IRL. I was unable to log in for a couple of months. When I finally did, everything was gone. Yes, they sent the email that the account had been canceled, but it got lost in all the other spam and I never noticed it. I did the math, and it fell early, so I must have only missed it by a few days. At first it was heartbreaking, then kind of liberating. After losing that much stuff, I have not logged in to play since. Think I am going to consolidate the rest of my items and work on shutting down my remaining two accounts. Losing that much stuff may just be the kick in the pants I needed to finally make a break.
I hear you one of my dear friends lost quite a lot few years ago and same thing... his places fell quite Early... He hasn't really been in game since... not that I blame him.