• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Obnoxiousness

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I found something else that needs to be "fixed"... or the user banned.

The little custom stone and villa mixed house belongs to my uncle, who has played for 20 years and more.

He was lucky to place a classic villa on this spot just as Tram opened, that horrible lag/crash filled-day... and he was very proud of it. When all the custom houses stuff came, we took a little more land for a custom house... MORE storage, after YEARS of working out of a small house. (If you can call a villa small when even a Small Marble Shop was impossible to find (when I came along). Still, he keep film on this custom keep and I think mainly because its right on the water, across from Cove.

A castle sat in front as long as I knew. To my shock, that same castle fell a couple short weeks ago and was camped by someplace between 30 and 50 people. It was obnoxious. BUT, you can only expect such things. If a castle was going to fall back before the grate house lock-up of 2001... 200 people would have shown up to camp it. 30 people would show up to an IDOC Small Marble Shop! Trust me. I witnessed this several times before giving up on it as a bad job. So the castle fell. It was replaced by 6 or 7 new houses, all holding the space hostage for 200m each. Again, nothing new with that.

So, this is our wonderful new neighbor! Paid out, got rid of all the space hogging houses... had to go with a class castle because of a tree standing in the courtyard. "Good for them!", I said. It took a few months. Nothing good happens quickly, unless you have daddy's credit card. ;) For the rest of us... hard work, in game, works. However... looking at the grand new eye-sour? I'd say someone had way too much money to burn.

You... me... anyone, passing by. This is what we have as a front yard now.

I am standing on the first step of the house in this screen grab. A few seconds after recalling in... this is what you see. Isnt it wonderful?!!! :cool:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you tried talking to the neighbor? he might not even know that his house is showing up back there.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried talking to the neighbor? he might not even know that his house is showing up back there.
[bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]
[/bcolor]

I did, in fact, try... yesterday, in fact. I could see someone running about, on additional floors that are not part of the classic castle. Zipping around, to and from. My party requests were refused/ignored... and the house is private.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[/bcolor]

I did, in fact, try... yesterday, in fact. I could see someone running about, on additional floors that are not part of the classic castle. Zipping around, to and from. My party requests were refused/ignored... and the house is private.
ill make sure he looks at this post. He is an extremely nice guy. Im sure he will work with you[/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i wouldn't want in front of my house but why should he be banned again? I agree needs to be fixed where u shouldn't see anything unless u go on porch. the pub was to help with this, bamboo but can still see stuff. guess is in the devs court. don't blame the guy, he is just trying to make his place nice. ive seen worse places than that one.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its those plant things... otherwise, not much shows outside the house in question.

I do own one of these myself. It "loads" itself while I'm working outside the house... just recalled in. I never considered it a nuisance or anything... however 50 of them in 1 house? Thats where we get the issue. :) I'm sure its a small "needs to be fixed" issue. BUT... it may never happen.

I hope he's nice. Private houses... you cant exactly leave a message or anything. I'm in and out all the time. I thought it was lucky to see him... but. hehe

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its those plant things... otherwise, not much shows outside the house in question.

I do own one of these myself. It "loads" itself while I'm working outside the house... just recalled in. I never considered it a nuisance or anything... however 50 of them in 1 house? Thats where we get the issue. :) I'm sure its a small "needs to be fixed" issue. BUT... it may never happen.

I hope he's nice. Private houses... you cant exactly leave a message or anything. I'm in and out all the time. I thought it was lucky to see him... but. hehe
i got with him. he removed the barrel sponges that blocked the house. He was completely unaware they were popping up. He thought since it was private and you couldnt load the house you wouldnt be able to see them.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got with him.
Totally beyond amazing! :ymca:

Tell him many thanks and he's a wonderful neighbor. :party:

Staff still needs to fix the ISSUE... but goodness knows, I couldn't dream why anyone would need so many of those potions. hehe. I make so many and sell them... hardly use them. Was that one special event where we got the pearl necklaces? If you remember that far back. You could send any untrained guy to run the dungeon... tossing masses of greater explosion potions that would do enough damage to get a reward. THAT was fun! That was also the only time I really had use of something outside Great Poison, Greater Cure, Heal, and STR for growing plants. I'm sure I only GMed the skill to grow stuff.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was that one special event where we got the pearl necklaces? If you remember that far back. You could send any untrained guy to run the dungeon... tossing masses of greater explosion potions that would do enough damage to get a reward. THAT was fun! That was also the only time I really had use of something outside Great Poison, Greater Cure, Heal, and STR for growing plants. I'm sure I only GMed the skill to grow stuff.
That was the event that Melissa's Cloak came from.

One of the funny things about that event was that Melissa could have a Crimson Cincture on the corpse, and a lot of people never looted Melissa, thinking all she had was the necklace plus junk (other than the cloak you got as a drop on your first time killing her). I got my first CC that way, because I knew about the CC, and was the only one looting. Two people I didn't know were with me, and didn't loot - and I found the CC after the corpses combined. I asked if either looted, before mentioning the CC. Both of them said they didn't loot because she "didn't have anything". Then, I told them about the CC, and that if I could have proven whose it should have been (if one of them had looted, it would have been the other's), I would have given it to the person it would have gone to. But, since there was no way to tell which of them actually had it drop in their instanced part of the corpse, I was keeping it. You better believe they searched every Melissa corpse after that, until the end of the event (and I know at least one of them got a CC later on a different day, because they thanked me for telling them about the possible drop).

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was the event that Melissa's Cloak came from.

One of the funny things about that event was that Melissa could have a Crimson Cincture on the corpse, and a lot of people never looted Melissa, thinking all she had was the necklace plus junk (other than the cloak you got as a drop on your first time killing her). I got my first CC that way, because I knew about the CC, and was the only one looting. Two people I didn't know were with me, and didn't loot - and I found the CC after the corpses combined. I asked if either looted, before mentioning the CC. Both of them said they didn't loot because she "didn't have anything". Then, I told them about the CC, and that if I could have proven whose it should have been (if one of them had looted, it would have been the other's), I would have given it to the person it would have gone to. But, since there was no way to tell which of them actually had it drop in their instanced part of the corpse, I was keeping it. You better believe they searched every Melissa corpse after that, until the end of the event (and I know at least one of them got a CC later on a different day, because they thanked me for telling them about the possible drop).

Yeppers! To get the goods, you had to loot... and I always looted... thus I had a fair (not insane) collection of looted rares from that spawn at the end. I only got 1 CC. Atlantic had like 100 people or more, at any one time, these spawns happened.

I missed out on the grand slime event. Missed out, for the better part of it. I did manage a couple slimes myself, but did a lot of dealing to get the bulk of what I ended up with. It would be so nice if the staff would think along those lines again. Something people could do, alone... with cleverness and skill, not fighting or seeing who's got the best tricked out warriors. What can you do? :)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow, I live near that house. I thought it had been improved with the cactus. It was not pretty before, looked so much better with cactus hiding the ugly design and colors.. :( I was hoping the cactus would disguise the ill- fitting roof eventually. Darn.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those things show because of the stairs underneath. It's not his fault. When and if they fix the stair thing, those won't show.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those things show because of the stairs underneath. It's not his fault. When and if they fix the stair thing, those won't show.
This issue, this one, is solved thanks to the guy being good and understanding.

Its the item! Just like how the vet carpets/rugs show up on houses without the house full of items from loading up. Very few things do this. Honestly, I dont know if anyone's seen this issue before because I dont think anyone has owned 50-100 of those plants. Its got to be a more unique issue, perhaps. Besides being a massive area like a castle.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This issue, this one, is solved thanks to the guy being good and understanding.

Its the item! Just like how the vet carpets/rugs show up on houses without the house full of items from loading up. Very few things do this. Honestly, I dont know if anyone's seen this issue before because I dont think anyone has owned 50-100 of those plants. Its got to be a more unique issue, perhaps. Besides being a massive area like a castle.

yes, I read all the posts including the one where you said

Totally beyond amazing! :ymca:

Tell him many thanks and he's a wonderful neighbor. :party:

I was just adding that if you notice, those items are where stairs are, and should be fixed shorty. So maybe if and when it is, he can put his stuff back up. :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, I read all the posts including the one where you said
I was just adding that if you notice, those items are where stairs are, and should be fixed shorty. So maybe if and when it is, he can put his stuff back up. :)
They are not in my uncle's custom house in the background. They WERE in the castle, on a added floor with the crafted floor/wall tiles. Has zero to do with stairs, love. Zero.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are not in my uncle's custom house in the background. They WERE in the castle, on a added floor with the crafted floor/wall tiles. Has zero to do with stairs, love. Zero.

I was basing it on the picture provided, and I read that part too that you were speaking of the castle. again...and I am not your love.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was basing it on the picture provided, and I read that part too that you were speaking of the castle. again...and I am not your love.
Then you are just flat wrong, fool. (Says Mr. T.) Got no more time for your jibberjabber.

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was not jibber jabber, it was a thread I read and had a comment regarding the picture posted, knowing the issue with stairs, knowing it will possibly be addressed since they are on a semi roll for tending these things currently and you doubted that I read it, twice, and then attempted to belittle by using some girl go to tactic, calling someone a sweet name. Then you resort to name calling? That doesn't fly with me. If you don't want people posting in threads you have started once "YOU" feel the subject is complete, ask an admin to lock it. And no I am not flat wrong, I really and truly am not your love.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That ugly house needed covering. I now have to look at it again. Gross. I will take the long way home...