• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Objects cannot be shaped in certain order anymore and disappear after latest update?

G

I noticed that some objects disappear when placed in a certain order. It has to do with windows I think.

For example, I make a 1x1 miniroom to simulat a column. I put 4 windows around the room (on every wall one) and then place a hedge or column or anyother object inside. This gives a cool effect. As of latest patch update, this will not work anymore. Objects placed within will disappear or can't be put in that location anymore.

Another example: I dropped a hedge and put a snowy wall all around it. When I came back to the lot, in some cases the hedge had disappeared and in other cases 3 of the snowy walls had.

Does anyone has the similar problem? They seemed to have changed the code a bit so that some structures cannot overlap anymore. But with some tweaking, it is actually possible again to do so...only to see the objects disappear again after a lot reset. It's a shame...lots of neat effects are not possible anymore

G

I started noticing this in TC3. I was putting some trees nearby the house and on one side it will let me and not on the other, like 2 sides of a path for example. I dont remember this before. Your example is even more annoying. I've never played TS2, I look forward to seeing changes to building but I hope its not stuff like that.

P

PJ EST

I was having this problem also, I thought it had something to do with a money drain. durrr..and here I was thinking it was legitemate money drain. I found a way to put bushes inside the walls, without windows and them staying there though. I just put the bush inside the 4 walls, insides another set of 4 walls. LOL weird huh?

I

imported_Qute Pi

Actually I noticed this with craft bench and the black and white painting. If I put the black and white painting above the crafting bench, usually half the craft bench disappears, and the painting goes into my inventory. That usually happens after I use the bench.

That's happened 3 times, on different properties...I just like the way the painting looks on the wall above the craft bench. lol. I guess they don't want me to like that lol. :p