• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Object Handle Problem

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe some of you techie type people can help me out here. Not sure when it started, but just recently, my object handles in 2d have stopped working the way they used to. I press ctrl-shift and they show up but after that i can't do anything with them, i can't pick up with them, I can't sort through with them, as soon as I click on anywhere on my screen or try to move they all disappear. I should be able to close select handles by right mouse clicking but they all disappear. I'm very frustrated, especially when looting corpses.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 2d. It's not assist. Umm not sure what other info to give.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ori

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is going to sound...weird, maybe. Have you tried a different keyboard? I've seen semi-failing keys cause some awfully odd issues.

I will try some things out later and see if I can't come up with something. Maybe it will at least spark some other's curiosity! :)

C

Crack Head Bob

I maybe wrong, or i maybe the only one without a problem, but i can still use the handles for everything. I can move items with them, i can closed the handle, and i can open containers with the handles

L

Lord Kynd

maybe it is part of the idoc loot script fix ?
wish tehy could stop corpse loot scripts. i watched a controllers corpse get ravage very fast by a single person, can't hide and move things in courpse,so no one else around.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The handles work on my husbands computer just fine. I guess something is screwy with my computer. The keyboard isn't but a few months old and the problem seems to be more from clicking with the mouse. IDK I'm going nuts trying to figure it out. When I find my old keyboard and mouse i'll see what happens.

Thanks for the recomendations.