• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oberon's Last Quest

EM Mystique

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
“What do you mean They Found the Fleece! There is NO Way they could have found that!” Oberon yelled at his henchman Puck. “Unless.” his voice trailed off as he pondered possibilities. Pacing up and down the hall, over chairs and tables, knocking over furniture and generally making a wreck of his banquet table Oberon suddenly stopped dead in his tracks.
“I Got It!” he exclaimed leaping off the table almost toppling Puck in the process. “It has to be MY fairy Queen, Titania. That little minx has been helping the humans! She has a horrible sense of humor sometimes.” he said leaning close to Puck as if to tell a secret. “But I know her tricks and Now I know how to beat her at her own game!”
Handing Puck a small bundle of herbs he whispered instructions and sent the little imp off to do his bidding.
“Now! I need to devise an Extra Special quest for these Humans! And No help from Titania this time.” he stated to himself as he resumed his pacing.

~*~ to be continued ~*~

EM Mystique

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Days have passed and no word from the impish Puck to Oberon. The Fairy King was beginning to get concerned and a bit anxious that his plan to keep the mortals as his minions may actually fail! Pacing back and forth in the hall, over the table and making a general mess he contemplated his next great plan.

The great Fairy King may have no other choice than to ask for help from Titania. The thought alone made him rant and rave more. She had betrayed him, and for what, a joke? She had no sense of humor!

Stopping in the middle of the table, his hands on his hips he declared to the empty room of his grand plan.

“I will have the Humans find him!” he exclaimed almost proud of his own deviousness. “And whatever trouble he has found himself, they will need to help him escape it or the Quest is incomplete!” he said with a nod and a leap from the table.

But now how would he deliver this last great message? His minion was lost, and Titania was exiled. With a sigh and a huff of irritation he decided he would deliver the final quest personally.

EM Mystique

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Meanwhile out in a lost cavern, Puck was stuck with his hand in the dirt. He had been trying to plant a Dragon’s Tooth Seed in order to raise an Army for Oberon’s last battle. The seed was planted, but in the process his hand was entwined in the seed and he knew if he were to remove it the Army would be released and he would be the first they would want to destroy. He had no other choice but to wait and hope someone found him soon.

As Puck sat in misery with his hand stuck in the ground hoping that the Hoplite Army would not escape he heard footsteps. He shimmered as a vapor and vanished hoping whomever it was that was passing would not see him, but he was too late. The piercing eyes of the Elf maiden were far too quick, she had noticed his movement. As she approached he came to recognize her as one of those who had attended the Fairy Feast. Were she to discover him in his current predicament she would certainly not help, of that he was certain.

“Bothersome Quests!” he lamented to himself as soon as she left. “If it weren’t for these ridiculous Quests I would not be in this sorry state!”

EM Mystique

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
As Puck tried to figure a way to escape without summoning the Hoplite Army, he remembered the ancient “Summons” that had once been used by the Fairy Folk. It is said that if the name of the Fairy King is whispered three times on the wind he would appear. Puck wasn’t sure if the ancient story was even correct or if it was just legends from times of great peril, but for him it couldn’t hurt to try.

“Oberon, Oberon, Oberon.” He whispered into the wind, his hand still grasping the Dragon’s Tooth Seed. The impish minion paused and waited listening for Oberon to come to the rescue. Puck was important after all, right? He was a faithful messenger and somewhat trustworthy. He always carried out instructions, not always with the most successful results, but the orders were always fulfilled. It is impossible that the King would leave him to this fate, he was certain of it!

Days went with no word or shimmer of the Fairy King, only the soft hum of the Elf Maiden Rose Blaque. He was most certain She would be of no help to him. Then he thought again for a moment. Oh no! It wasn’t possible! Would Oberon really want to make Him the last quest? With a groan and a sigh the stuck Puck continued to call for help to no avail. His hope was thin and his options were growing dim. All he could do was to wait to see what devious trouble was in store!

EM Mystique

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
~*~

“NOOOOOOOOOO!” cried Oberon as Puck finished telling him about the epic battle waged and the bitter defeat of the Hoplite Army.

“My king, lord, sir Oberon it seems that the Mortals are free of the Fairy Feast.” Puck groveled before Oberon knowing the wrath that was soon to come.

Instead of throwing things and tearing the place to shreds Oberon merely sat back on his throne in the Mushroom Ring and contemplated ways of entrapping other unsuspecting souls to his Fairy Court. One day he would have his way, one day indeed he would return and the world of the Mortals would sorely wish they had given in from the beginning!

*fading back into the mist of the Mushroom Ring the King and his Minion waiting for another time that their presence would be discovered. Until then, time was theirs to enjoy*