• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NVM

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Alot of good suggestions were in the hiding thread that we just had earlier in the week, hang on I'll see if I can hunt up the link and point to specific suggestions in it......some of them were mine, some not, but several good suggestions. This thread might be a continuation of that discussion, also. Anyway I'll edit this post if I can find the link.

G

Here ya go, found it.

I only skimmed through the first half of the thread, but here's some ideas I saw that would fix the cheating factor and make it more level.

- doing away with timeout <font color="red"> totally against this one, but its there so in fairness I listed it </font>
- having hide disabled in store lots
- be able to hide for only 'short' amounts of time, shorter than the time it takes to legit time out
- take away VH that is accunulated from hiding sims
- hiding guests be booted from the lot after x number of minutes
- having stores be licensed by EA so that they have to meet and maintain certain criterion or lose their right to be in the store category

IMO, any of these ideas if implemented would cut way down on the benefit of afk cheating coupled with using the hide feature in stores, and would level the playing field for the honest store owner. Even this time of day I spent 45 minutes an hour or so ago trying to hunt down used objects or salvage boxes. Of the 13 stores I landed at, only 2 had an owner or roomie that was not afk to answer me. The rest had their IMs blocked, or just didn't answer when I said "hello, is anybody there, I need some assistance". Finally I called it quits and went back to skilling to salvage new items myself

G

Also, its not just stores doing it. Its more prevalent in stores but I just a little bit ago left a skill lot where both of the roomies were hiding.....so the epidemic is spreading. The house had been dumped and some speeds weren't back up to 118%....if they had to afk it they could have at least helped boost one of those speeds back up instead of hiding to avoid playing the the big part of the game that is GREENING.......good grief. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.