• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Number of ingots needed to legendary?

A

Adora

I'm currently at 111.4 and making royal circlets. Does anyone know how many more ingots I may need? Also, can I gain on royal circlets all the way to 120?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, you can make the royal circlets all the way to legendary.

It should take you 5-10k ingots, total (counting only the lost ingots), to get to 120, if you are GM mining, are wearing gloves to go to 105, and are using a salvage bag to recycle. In my working out the skill gain guide, it only took me 9748 ingots last to failures, and the 1 lost every recycle per item, to go from 110 to 120.

Double that amount if not above 101.1 mining (or if not using the salvage bag), and triple if neither.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Training up my smith past 110, and I did notice if you have SA, boomerangs might be slightly 'cheaper' than royal circlets - slightly more difficult, but not massively, and only 5 ingots per item to make rather than the circlet 6.