• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] number of imbues after reforge?

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Question to reforge professionals:
was trying to reforge 150 luck items with horned kit, got a few nice pieces with max luck on, looked into imbuing and noticed almost all of them have already 2 properties, although the piece shows only 150 luck and nothing else, resists are same as a starter item. Noticed similar issue with reforged elemental weapons, some of them have 100% elemental dam and no properties, some others have also only elemen dam but already show one property in imbue selection. Is this supposed to be like this and i just need to keep reforging an look for least properties items or is it somekind of bug? thank you for input

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question to reforge professionals:
was trying to reforge 150 luck items with horned kit, got a few nice pieces with max luck on, looked into imbuing and noticed almost all of them have already 2 properties, although the piece shows only 150 luck and nothing else, resists are same as a starter item. Noticed similar issue with reforged elemental weapons, some of them have 100% elemental dam and no properties, some others have also only elemen dam but already show one property in imbue selection. Is this supposed to be like this and i just need to keep reforging an look for least properties items or is it somekind of bug? thank you for input
Sometimes it's tricky to find the second mod. Could be self rep, casting focus, lower requirement, durability or resists

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Write down the resists and durability before the reforge. Durability is so variable, you have to watch it closely. Resists on a non-exceptional piece are easy to catch changes - not so much on ones with 15-20 extra points. If any change, they caught a property.

There have been times with runics in the past where Mage Armor was counting as an unseen property when the runic made it fall on an already-medable piece - it's possible that issue might have resurfaced with reforging.

Elemental damage was originally "Not a property", but they stated it would be counted as one from reforging, to keep people from reforging (or runic crafting) for elemental only, then immediately reforging the same item again. However, the success of that change appears to be spotty, with the elemental damage sometimes counting, sometimes not. Also, some loot items with only elemental damage can be reforged. It's annoying.

There's also a stealth "lower weight" property with wood items, possible from heartwood. I doubt it, but it could be something that might show up on other stuff from reforging (you never know how tinkering with code works). An item's weight shouldn't change from reforging.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Write down the resists and durability before the reforge. Durability is so variable, you have to watch it closely. Resists on a non-exceptional piece are easy to catch changes - not so much on ones with 15-20 extra points. If any change, they caught a property.
so, did another test today, with horned kit, trying to make studded luck armor, wrote down all resists, durability, etc. Pretty much every single piece, exceptional and not, came up with 1 hidden property. The reforged piece would show 2, sometimes 3 properties in the item id but when you try to imbue, it shows +1 property above those listed in the item id. Resists and durability being the same as pre-reforge item. Some properties show +100% durability property and definitely durability doubled, so its not hidden one. All pieces were none medable after reforge. Is this possible to obtain 150 luck with spine kit and without going into structural choices? seems like all i could get was 100 luck tops regular reforge , and 150 from spine only if you structural choices but then durability sucks, below 100 even with extra choice to improve durability. going nuts over here with horned, trying to make a suit that you can actually use everyday with tamer, figured 1 item on luck, then LMC, LRC, MR and maybe MI but so far a piece with only luck property and only 1 imbue property left has been elusive to me

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i think i kind of answered my own question - horned kit gives 3 properties minimum, even that it shows only luck , there got to be 2 more somewhere, maybe even invisible. Question than, how ppl manage to use horned kits and make nice luck armor with desirable mods? there is still problem with invisible mods :(

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
well, did more testing, now with shadow runic hammer. I think something is definitely wrong with horned kit. SH shows min 2 properties, all items reforged showed correct number of properties when attempting to imbue, only surprise was most of them had only 1 property from reforging ( even that SH says min 2 properties on the use). Any input from anyone doing reforging lately?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And when we find them, post about them in the BUGS forum over on uo.com . They really don't do anything here anymore except maybe skim the posts, and don't reply.