• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NPC's buying Wool?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, what's up with the NPC tailors lately? It seems I can't get them to buy any wool half the time. Has something changed? Is there like a quota they have now? About 2 hours ago, I got an NPC tailor in West Brit to buy 1 pile of wool that I took off a sheep. I found a few more piles that the sheep I met wasn't using, and took them to the same NPC in Brit, but now he won't buy a single one. What gives?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Update]
I decided to head to Delucia to do a little investigating. I sheered about 5 sheep, and ended up with a total of 13 wool. (A pile of 12 that stacked together, and one oddball that wouldn't stack with the others) I headed back to the tailor shop to see if I could sell any. When I used the sell command the list of items he was interested in popped up, and on that list was 1 pile of wool. I sold it and discovered that the one oddball pile sold. The other 12 are in my pack collecting dust. Just something to consider.

[Edit]
I've sheered light white sheep, and the gray ones. Their wool both sell. But for some reason, these 12 I took off the sheep wandering around the healer's hut in Delucia won't sell.

J

JoyousGard

If you slaughter sheep and then skin you get 3 stacks of bloody wool.

If you sheer sheep (then kill to respawn more sheep) you get 1 wool.

Maybe that is the difference in your wool? I wouldn't buy bloody wool. Too irritating to clean.

I feel shearing first is better because of the difference applying them on the loom.