• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NPC Stable Rez... does it work at all?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... I'm working on a tamer on a shard I have no other tamer on. I have 2, on my home shard. When the second was training and got in a spot of trouble, I didnt need to ask anyone for help.

For that matter, its not like you needed to ask. Dozens of tamers would be hanging around Luna city willing to help.

I hear about these NPC vets, at the stable... who can rez a pet. No matter what... they fail over and over again. And making matters worse, no help to be found.

Will I end up losing a good pet over this?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You are right, the NPC should work. Cannot see how you will lose pet. Also someone will show there tomorrow? What shard is the tamer with no vet on? Someone from here may be able to log on and rez for you.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vet is 66.3... but with the help of jewelry. Like I said, I'm working on it. :)

Forgot how dull making a new tamer was... it a lot easier training dogs. I bought, trained, and sold them every day when our population was great on Atlantic. BUT, we are talking about 1 type monster/pet. I never worried about the blue bug, the fire bug... packies. Now we have these new systems? I would think this brand new (1 month old) wolf spider should be like training anything else. Just, if he's taking more damage then I can stop... recalling away to save him... to find a ghost. What can you do?

Try, try, try again.

I know I see pet ghosts standing forgotten a times. Why I was worried... I was thinking, perhaps, they would degrade with the owner unable to help them.

Izumo shard... you could do weeks without seeing another player. Then a day comes, you'll find 3 hanging and chatting someplace. Its like a role of the dice. Thankfully someone passed by, that didnt even LOOK like a tamer, helped me. Just got to watch the hunting/training spawn. hehe

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it works, it just takes about 20 minutes after the pet has died. they implemented this at the request of players, but i do not remember the exact reasoning.

upload_2019-2-4_5-29-54.png upload_2019-2-4_5-37-50.png

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be wonderful if the NPCs said something about 20 mins... vs. causing a PANIC. :) Panic in thinking my Wolf Spider will be lost forever... and I have no skill at taming one myself.

Next question being... pack horse vs. something bigger and badder. hehe

Or does it only rez the most basic of pets for newbies.

Hopefully, soon, this tamer will have GM vet so this wont be an issue. Seeing my staff of over 40 is on ethereals. :D

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be wonderful if the NPCs said something about 20 mins... vs. causing a PANIC. :) Panic in thinking my Wolf Spider will be lost forever... and I have no skill at taming one myself.

Next question being... pack horse vs. something bigger and badder. hehe

Or does it only rez the most basic of pets for newbies.

Hopefully, soon, this tamer will have GM vet so this wont be an issue. Seeing my staff of over 40 is on ethereals. :D
it will rez them all, but the price goes up accordingly.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Shoot... just carry around a couple "Elixir of Rebirths". Don't have to worry about stable rez or finding a tamer.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shoot... just carry around a couple "Elixir of Rebirths". Don't have to worry about stable rez or finding a tamer.
That costs real money? I could just buy the cheat token to make my tamer highly skilled from jump. hehe

I'll try waiting the 20 mins next time. This pixie is r/l poor.

Besides… why pay for what you can get for free. ;)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killing a Medusa… with a tamer, who's in the 70's taming shouldn't be a trick at all... on a shard with a very low playing population such as Izumo. :cool:

No problem at all! hehe

Even on Atlantic, only 1 vendor is selling Medusa blood (14.5k, what is nothing at all), and then the exporting after potion production. That is only 1x a month.

Its problematic at best.

I really want to test to see if the NPC stable rez works now! :D Take a horse, disposable, that's bonded... get it killed... wait 20 mins. See if it works. It would have been a lot less panic-making if it had some kind of message saying "must wait 20 mins"... and WHY thats even an issue is beyond me.

I would imagine the whole program is targeted at newer players... on low-populated shards, I'm sure. Never mind the ghost shards... or whatever you cant to call a shard that has 1/100 the population of a shard like Atlantic, Pac, and other high populations shard had... when this was made.

Thankfully, last night I found a little system to help build vet skills almost as good as old school "Power Hour". Moonglow graveyard... drag (it happened without dragging) spawn to one side of the fence, so they attack the pet in question... vet away. I got more gains last night at 1 time then I did in weeks of work. ;) A few more of them and she should have no issue at all. THEN I can get a dog going, it will be a lot better for skill gains.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Greater drag alone will take Medusa out.. she is cake, even for a 70's range tamer. Or is for me at any rate.

Also, lots of vendors usually selling elixir of rebirth as well. Have seen it as cheap as the blood you are talking about...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talking about Atlantic... and today, not 7 years ago. :)

Like I said, if the NPC unsaid rule is 20 mins... thats all you really need to know. The fact its not said in the window is the main problem. Thats a programmer issue.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Talking about Atlantic... and today, not 7 years ago. :)

Like I said, if the NPC unsaid rule is 20 mins... thats all you really need to know. The fact its not said in the window is the main problem. Thats a programmer issue.
I mean, the NPC DOES kinda tell you. “That creature’s spirit lacks cohesion, try again in a few minutes.” Also, the UO Wiki states its around 10 minutes, not 20.

Pet Resurrection by NPC – Ultima Online

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not "Try back in 20 mins"? Duh.

It could easily say "Try back tomorrow"... as in a UO day.