• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nox Question

Ghost Knight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just came back to the game and can't seem to inflict poison with a weapon now. I have 100 poisoning skill and my cleaver has 9 dp charges. Is tactics required to inflict it now?

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Tactics (70 or 90, depending on primary or secondary) is required to perform the Infectious Strike special hit. It can be triggered like a spell, out of the purple book in the paperdoll in the Classic Client.

sent from my work phone ERRR Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure how long you've been away from the game but it would be my suggestion to keep poison off your template if you are intending to PK.

I too am back to the game, and I too have poisoning in my template. Players today are able to rid themselves of poison far too easy in my opinion. It's nothing like it used to be.

Unfortunately, I roleplay a poisoner so I have to keep it on my template but if I didn't I would probably drop it for a skill better suited to killing players.

-Val'lyn

Xvim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Keep your poison in your template. It will poison target when you hit on a chance. It will essential for disturbing enemies healing. It blocks healing. Use Deadly Poison on your weapon.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What are your thoughts on poison via magery?

Yes you can cast it from a distance, but the chance to bump up the poison level comes from being close to the target. As a thief, I use poison to get a little bit of separation from the mark after I have taken there item.

-Val'lyn