Nox Mage Template Questions

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

Itari BC

Hi just coming back to the game from the boring WoW...I use to love playing a nox/fencer mage and heard that it is pretty good again...still trying to grasp all the changes like the new focus stuff but need some help with a template please!

So far I have:
120 Fencing
80 Poisoning
120 Eval
120 Resist
110 Med
110 Magery

Do I need tactics still? Also is HCI now a requirement for this temp!? Thanks!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
if you roll tact and rock a leaf blade will be pretty easy to cap AI. If you just wanna throw out noxes and not AIs, then no tact.

Def hit 45 HCI, if needed ditch the LRC to hit it.

I'd put scribe instead of tact, and make sureyou get to 30 SDI in items.

If you get a lucky nox in between spells on a big dump and they fail a couple cure pots, you win.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
don't need tactics for just infectious strike but do if you want other specials, yes get as much hci as you can. rock out a nice sc kryss, the problem is, getting all ur hci, dci, and 30sdi is really hard with this setup, and just about requires a shield to pull it off.

T

Teranor

Thank you for the responses, they helped me as well since I have a similar template and the same similar story, just came back on Saturday.
My char has:
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
115 Resist
115 Swords
81 Poisoning
49 Focus?

Any suggestions? Thanks!