• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Nox Mage for PvM

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all :)

I have just returned to Britannia and wonder if Nox Mages still are viable?
I only play PvM but... I love poison! Muwahahahaaaaa!!! :D

G

Gellor

I won't say it isn't viable... but for PvM, there are so many better skills out there that one could use in place of poison on a mage.

I run a PvP nox mage and while the nox sort of helps on monsters(fields), I find myself just direct damaging them.

My straight PvM mages are a tamer and a necro peacer.:thumbsup:

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Gellor. :)

I will look through the skills and see what I'd like instead.

J

Jaimes

Hi all :)

I have just returned to Britannia and wonder if Nox Mages still are viable?
I only play PvM but... I love poison! Muwahahahaaaaa!!! :D
Yeah, poison just doesn't do a significant amount of damage to monsters with huge health pools, even if you use lethal with a dexer. I wish poison got a boost in PvM, but until it does, it's just too slow.

K

Kyle Orton

I'm going to have to disagree here. I love my nox mage. I find it quite useful when hunting monsters with a huge hit point pool, you throw down a DP field, cast a few EV's and start firing off some direct damage spells. If the monster youre fighting has magery, they have to waste a spell on cure instead of a damage spell. I think nox mages are also especially appreciated when hunting in large groups, I always make sure to keep whatever we are fighting poisoned.

Reactions: Mil
G

Green Meanie

poison does grand damage for the cost against monsters. The problem is any moster with magery will usaly cure it after just 1 tick but if all the ticks go of your getting 200+ damage from 1 low level spell.

But to more directly answer your question I think noxing is a grand choice if your do mass monster killed (champspawns for example) but kinda a waste if all your doing is perlious killing

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

yes, level 5 poison fields = dead champ spawns

but big mosnters will just cure most of the time.

dont forget you can get level 5 if you use evil omen

the main reason it isnt "viable" is because it is unaffected by slayers. with 150 damage e bolts, why waste time on poison?