• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Now I did a search BUT

D

Deb

Are locked down plants still bugged? I planted about 30 plants in locked down plant bowls on Monday and they still haven't had a growth check.

They are set to owner which is who planted them. And they are were all
peculiar seeds with a few of the new hops and bonsais thrown in. I checked yesterday after server up and several times today but no luck. Any ideas?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never knew that issue to be 100% fixed. One guildmate has had this problem on and off for years. The next morning after a lost day often ends disastrously with multiple growths and lots of red in the gump of wilted or dying plants. She's even had plants in deco mode inexplicably grow again, and end up twigs.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't know that I've ever seen the problem I've had for the past few days..... most times I carry kegs for potioning, but last week had plants spread across a few characters, so one of them had bottles..... bottles of cure and strength in her pack would make the noise of being applied, but not actually get applied.... after two days I gave up trying to make them work (other bottles from the same keg would work fine) and locked them down to use elsewhere later.... this morning I ran out of cures (same character) and unlocked those bottles, just to see..... sure enough, they worked, as did the strength which I then unlocked and tried

so maybe, if locking and unlocking the bottles fixed them, it might work for the plants? just unlock them, put them in a secure overnite, and lock them back down the next day?

B

Beastmaster

Deb,

Were the bowls locked down PRIOR to planting the seeds or AFTER. Just wondering if that might be the culprit.

D

Deb

I locked the bowls down then planted the seeds. Maybe that is what the problem is. I will do a new batch in my pack then lock them down and see
what happens.

D

Deb

The ones I planted Thurs morning went thru a growth as they should
have this morning. I unlocked the ones I had planted Monday and put
them in my pack to lock down this morn and they went thru a growth
check. So it seems all are on the same page now.:danceb::danceb:

kaiya_uo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can let you use a floor in my zento house :p you just need to be careful of the double growth spurts i posted this in 24 hour thread but here it is again:

sounds like the same problem i am having but with my whole house!!!! i planted approx. 200 plants, checked them on the second day after planting, and they were all wilted, gave them water, and potions required then also 1 heal and 1 strength each, Third day went checked them, half about 100 plants were vibrant and on day 4, 50 were vibrant and on day 3 and 24 were still wilted and on day 2 and then 1 plant was dying. o i gave them the necessary components again and then to the wilted dying and 1 heal and 1 strength each. we are now on the 4th day and here's the kicker they are all vibrant on days 5 and 6, and i don't use fertile dirt (the one that was dying is on day 4)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If plants get to the wilted or dying phase they won't grow, so the day number won't increase.
This is why I backpack garden on spare characters, I would ever forget to log in to water plants and then any bugs involved with server resets or them getting weird growth checks would be the straw that broke the camel's back. I'd have twig vendors, not plant vendors then. :p

kaiya_uo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i don't backpack garden just for the fact if i did that's when i would forget which character had plants, and i grow a large amount at a time. usually no less then 200 plants, per set. they all get locked down on my rooftop or my second floor, and that's the first thing i do right after server up. Is when i check and take care of my plants. then off to check vendors after plants are done. but the plants that i just planted on friday, the first half of them are on day 7 and are pollinated, the others are day 6. and yes i still have the original one that was dying is now on day 5 :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh, yuck. Sounds like a mess. Sometimes I screw up the potions or water, but thats the only time I have to use heals or strength potions. I garden on four spare characters, usually 20-64 plants each (could do more but I would die I think), so if you have an extra account you can pack a lot of plants in.

Of course it takes me upwards of 2 weeks to get a plant from seed to dec mode (not even growing it out so it produces all 8 seeds or resources), since I'm kind of bad about remembering to log in and water them. So there are good sides and bad sides to backpack gardening (well if you're me, hehe).