• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Now at 115...tips to get to 120?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have been reading the UOGuide website on Melee training, but gains just got super slow.

Any tips on how to get it to 120? Any particular Spawn?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wolf spider with 100% poison weapon all the way to 120!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Balrons or Exodus Minions at Dungeon Blackthorn.

Edit: Get a 100% cold or 100% energy double strike weapon such as the double axe or scimitar. You get gains faster that way too.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Just found out the Troglodytes at the Painted Caves are giving nice gains too. Thanks for the help!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The bonus of doing Balrons in Blackthorn vs Trogs is that balrons give better loot and you'll get a few blackthorn turnin arties per hour.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Balrons will also get your karma really high and get you to knight of honour in a breeze.

To get there, just use a corrupted crystal portal and say "dungeon blackthorn" for trammel and "fel dungeon blackthorn" for fel.

It seems that UOGuide doesn't have an article on it, but stratics does:
http://uo2.stratics.com/dungeon-guides/castle-blackthorn-dungeon/

Edit: Also, if you don't think you can handle balrons, try to secure a 100% cold or 100% poison weapon and hit the exodus minions area instead. Just be careful to not trip on a greater dragon on the way there.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the info, I'll look around.

EDIT: only noticed now my Soul Seeker has 100% could damage lol

Last edited:

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Is there a way to find all the monsters which are weak to cold damage? Some sort of search be resistance on old stratics database?

EDIT: found it....after posting this I finally found it....

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Use of a scroll of alacrity and just keep grinding. Got mine up to 120 fighting Mud Elementals on Level 2 of Shame