• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Notices Passed Around Moonglow* New Law Decree

Eldaern Mallorn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It is by the order of Governor Merek Penrose, The city of Moonglow and all its borders hereby be subject to the laws set by the powers of office. In attempts to secure the people and their property. Any who break the law with be subject to the laws penalties.

I. Personal Crimes

A. Assault
i. Assault shall be defined as a physical attack on a person without consent.

ii.Punishment for assault shall be no less than ten lashes, and up to life in prison or death (Justice by Fire,) based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

B. False Imprisonment
i. False Imprisonment shall be defined as the restraint of a person in a bounded area without justification or consent. ie; Hostages in a crime or detention of a customer by a business owner for failing to pay a bill.

ii. Punishment for false imprisonment shall be no less fifteen days solitary confinement, and up to life in prison or death (Justice by Fire,) based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

C. Kidnapping
i. Kidnapping shall be defined as the taking away or transportation of a person against that person's will. Further; to hold the person unlawfully

ii. Punishment for kidnapping shall be no less than five lashes, and up to life in prison or death (Justice by Fire,) based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

D. Sexual Assault
i. Sexual Assault shall be defined as any involuntary sexual act in which a person is coerced or physically forced to engage against their will, or any non-consensual sexual touching of a person.

ii. Punishment for sexual assault shall be no less than castration/ genital mutilation, and up to life in prison or death (Justice by Fire,) based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

E. Murder
i. Murder shall be defined as the unlawful premeditated killing of one being by another. Further; to kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.

ii. Punishment for murder is life in prison or death (Justice by Fire,) based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

F. Robbery
i. Robbery shall be defined as the taking or attempting to take anything of value by force or threat of force or by putting the victim in fear.

ii. Punishment for robbery shall be no less than the removal of a extremity, and up to life in prison or death (Justice by Fire,) based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

G. Vampiric Presence.
i. Vampiric presence shall be defined as a preternatural being, a person who preys ruthlessly upon others and whom drinks the blood of others, be it animal or human. Not to be confused with cannibalism or sarcophagy as no tissue is consumed.

ii. Punishment for vampiric presence shall be no less than banishment from the city borders, and up to life in prison or death (Justice by Fire,) based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

II. Property Crimes

A. Theft
i. Theft shall be defined as the taking of another person's property without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it.

ii. Punishment for theft shall be no less than a 25,000 gold fine payable to the city of Moonglow, and up to one month of prison, based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

B. Forgery

i. Forgery shall be defined as the process of making, adapting, or imitating objects, statistics, or documents with the intent to deceive for the sake of altering the public perception, or to earn profit by selling the forged item.

ii. Punishment for forgery shall be no less than a 35,000 gold fine payable to the city of Moonglow, and up to two month of prison, based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow. Note: If a profit was made from said forgery 100% shall be claimed by the city of Moonglow.

C. Arson
i. Arson shall be defined as the crime of intentionally, deliberately and maliciously setting destruction to buildings, wildland areas or other property with the intent to cause damage.

ii. Punishment for arson shall be no less than a 20,000 gold fine payable to the city of Moonglow, and up to two month of prison, based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

III. Inchoate Crimes

A. Attempt

i. Attempt shall be defined as ANY law that is attempted. ie; "attempted robbery"

ii. Punishment for attempt shall be no less than a 5,000 gold fine papayable to the city of Moonglow, and punishment may include any and all punishments permitted for the crime attempted.

B. Conspiracy
i. Conspiracy shall be defined as a secret plan by a group or individual with intent to do something unlawful or harmful.

ii. Punishment for conspiracy shall be no less than a 5,000 gold fine payable to the city of Moonglow, and up to life in prison, based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

IV. Judicial Crimes

A. Judge Tainting

i. Judge taining shall be defined as any act intending to confuse or distract a judge from the facts of a case, or any act reasonably likely to induce confusion or distraction of a judge from the facts of a case

ii. Punishment for judge tainting shall be no less than a 100,000 gold fine payable to the city of Moonglow, and up to life in prison or death (Justice by Fire,) based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

V. Statutory Crimes

A. Unlawful Magic
i. Unlawful Magic will be defined as the use of magic within the city of Moonglows borders without specific permission from the Governor or his law enforcement.

ii. Punishment for unlawful magic shall be no less than a 50,000 gold fine payable to the city of Moonglow, and up to 10 days in prison, based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

B. Unsheathed Arms
i. Visible Weapons shall be defined as the unsheathing of a weapon within the city of Moonglows borders (ie; sword) without specific permission from the Governor or his law enforcement.

ii. Punishment for unsheathed arms shall be no less than a 50,000 gold fine payable to the city of Moonglow, confiscation of weapons, and up to 10 days in prison, based upon the severity of the crimes dictated by the Governor of Moonglow.

VI. Right of Trial

A. All Citizens of Moonglow have a Right of Trial.

i. General Purpose of the Right of Trial, is to seek the truth regardless of accusations based on facts and evidence.

ii. The Governor of Moonglow will oversee and conduct all trials, being judge and juror.

iii. All evidence and testimonies will be weighed by the judge

iv. Punishment will be determined by the judge in accordance to law

v. Trials with be conducted within Moonglows town square and will be made public for all to witness.

Levels Of Crime;

- Felony
More Serious crimes such as murder, Kidnapping and Robbery
Carries a penalty of Death (Justice by Fire) Or punishment determined by the Governor of Moonglow reflecting the intensity of the crime committed.

- Misdemeanors
Less serious crimes such as statutory crimes
Usually carries a fine and jail sentence.

Last edited: