• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nothing on Friday

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have it from a good source there will be no FoF today due to it being summer vacation time.

Not like they ever say anything anyway.

C

Connor_Graham

Why do you continue to play UO? You seem to hate everything about it, yet you keep spouting off the same negative drivel day after day.

Why don't you find something else to play since UO seems to not be your cup of tea anymore? The only reason I could see for someone with as negative an attitude as you have to continue to play the game is that they're into sado-masochism, and enjoy tormenting themselves. A word of caution if this is indeed the case, S&M is dangerous for your health and normally requires professional assistance to break the addiction.

*walks away shaking head in disbelief*

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have it from a good source there will be no FoF today due to it being summer vacation time.

They changed it.

Its Two on Tuesday.

And by two, I mean one. =)

I really wanna know when the next event is gonna be up.. and any word on that "Retribution" test server? I know those folk are squelched.. but its been like two months now..?

E

Evilminion

Why do you continue to play UO?
Honestly! I've had this same question for a while now. Your posts are all very negative. If you like the game, play; if you don't like the game, don't play. But drowning in this sort of bile isn't good for anyone. Life is too short.

V

Vex

S&M is dangerous for your health and normally requires professional assistance to break the addiction.
Hah. It's all fun, even when someone gets hurt! I can assist the OP with his masochistic tendencies if he'd like. :thumbsup: In all seriousness though, it's not dangerous *IF* people make smart and educated choices.

M

MoonglowMerchant

All I can say is that I sure hope Jeremy doesn't ask Leurocian to dig through the code to find an answer to why she can't cast recall on Siege.

:)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you continue to play UO? You seem to hate everything about it, yet you keep spouting off the same negative drivel day after day.

Why don't you find something else to play since UO seems to not be your cup of tea anymore? The only reason I could see for someone with as negative an attitude as you have to continue to play the game is that they're into sado-masochism, and enjoy tormenting themselves. A word of caution if this is indeed the case, S&M is dangerous for your health and normally requires professional assistance to break the addiction.

When did sweeping & mopping floors become dangerous to anyones health?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reach a conclusion about the staff silence...
UO is now part of a military project and all the new projects and ideas are under military restriction. Don't ask anything about it because if they say something, they can be arrested for a violation of military restriction.

You dont know but probably the new wars will be fought in felucca without aircraft or rifle... Afganistan Guild vs. US Guild :sword:

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Take a break dude.

I only really check Stratics on Fridays anymore. I'm not subbed to the game right now and I'm really irritated at Mythic's treatment of UO. I could rant and rave about this, but it's all been said before.

So I let my wallet do the talking. I'll resub if they stop keeping silly secrets about KR, SA, etc. Till then, I rarely post, read or do anything related to UO.

A break... And its pretty nice. I played through Oblivion. Fantastic game. Spore comes out on September 7. When the Origins server comes out for DAoC, I'll probably play that. I *might* play Warhammer Online, but I decided against another Tabula Rasa-like burn, so I will wait until after release to decide.

My point is that you can find plenty of things to do to entertain you that won't leave you much time for worrying about UO.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Oblivion truely is an amazing game.

If it were an MMO.. oh man..

I loved the thief/dk brotherhood quests..

Then i ran around and murdered everyone in the game.. lol.

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hah. It's all fun, even when someone gets hurt! I can assist the OP with his masochistic tendencies if he'd like. :thumbsup: In all seriousness though, it's not dangerous *IF* people make smart and educated choices.

What is the most common safety word for Ultima Online? I use banana.

K

kennykilleduo

Sorry to say it but the lack of any real communication or events in the last few months , deserves alot more.. What do you really think our Dev's are doing? ( I can: WAR ) , are you going to say it has taken them how long to give us an expansion ( 2 years?) :coco:

Few facts , Community rep is almost non existent ( Not J's fault ) , Lack of any REAL info an expansion , do we actually have a FULL time producer . is Draconi alive , it's not doom and gloom its , 100% ignorance towards UO's customers.

P

Pax

I think I read in one of his posts where he said he didn't have an active account anymore. He actually said something like, "If they fixed [fill-in-the-blank], I might reactivate my account and start playing again." I've been wondering since I read that why *anyone* pays any attention to him. He's the sincerest form of a troll.

Be well - Pax

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason I could see for someone with as negative an attitude as you have to continue to play the game is that they're into sado-masochism, and enjoy tormenting themselves. A word of caution if this is indeed the case, S&M is dangerous for your health and normally requires professional assistance to break the addiction.
again with an inappropriate sexual joke/comment. first it was anal **** now it is S&M. maybe you are the one that needs professional assitance.

P

Pax

The only reason I could see for someone with as negative an attitude as you have to continue to play the game is that they're into sado-masochism, and enjoy tormenting themselves. A word of caution if this is indeed the case, S&M is dangerous for your health and normally requires professional assistance to break the addiction.
again with an inappropriate sexual joke/comment. first it was anal **** now it is S&M. maybe you are the one that needs professional assitance.
Guess this is your only form of PvP, huh? Or, in your case, PvNP (NonPlayer=you).

Sober up and find a hobby other than trolling UO forums.

Pax

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take a break dude.

I only really check Stratics on Fridays anymore. I'm not subbed to the game right now and I'm really irritated at Mythic's treatment of UO. I could rant and rave about this, but it's all been said before.

So I let my wallet do the talking. I'll resub if they stop keeping silly secrets about KR, SA, etc. Till then, I rarely post, read or do anything related to UO.

A break... And its pretty nice. I played through Oblivion. Fantastic game. Spore comes out on September 7. When the Origins server comes out for DAoC, I'll probably play that. I *might* play Warhammer Online, but I decided against another Tabula Rasa-like burn, so I will wait until after release to decide.

My point is that you can find plenty of things to do to entertain you that won't leave you much time for worrying about UO.
if I play a mmog it is UO. if i'm not going to be gaming then I will do something else completely. I can't sit around and get into a game like WoW or Age of Conan or any other mmog. they require way too much effort. I already put too much effort into UO and that is exactly my point...

I can play the game for fun and suggest changes on this board without wasting too much time IRL.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess this is your only form of PvP, huh? Or, in your case, PvNP (NonPlayer=you).

Pax
i'm really confused about this whole "non-player" thing.

let's get a few things straight: I PLAY UO

I am not a troll, this my thread, Connor is the troll. read his post.

like I said I don't care, he can troll all he wants it bumps my threads to the top.

why do you all have the name Sig Image? that is weird....

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if I play a mmog it is UO. if i'm not going to be gaming then I will do something else completely. I can't sit around and get into a game like WoW or Age of Conan or any other mmog. they require way too much effort. I already put too much effort into UO and that is exactly my point...

I can play the game for fun and suggest changes on this board without wasting too much time IRL.
Hey I'm all about expressing your concerns and/or troubles about the game or development. Just look at my post history. ;)

But come on, don't pretend you're sitting here innocently making suggestions only to have the trolls swoop in.

Can you point out the suggestion in that post?

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pax

like I said I don't care, he can troll all he wants it bumps my threads to the top.

I'm guessing because you made a post that said you would start playing UO again if they did whatever half assed idea you like or presented in that other thread.

Now please tell us how you have played since beta and how cool it was back then.

What's a troll? :D

C

Connor_Graham

It's not necessarily sexual. Funny coincidence you would see it that way though hmmm? rolleyes:

Now, what was the point of this thread again? To troll the forums with a thread that has no point or meaning?

That's what I thought.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey I'm all about expressing your concerns and/or troubles about the game or development. Just look at my post history. ;)

But come on, don't pretend you're sitting here innocently making suggestions only to have the trolls swoop in.

Can you point out the suggestion in that post?
that is a news item.

A.Entreri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, what was the point of this thread again? To troll the forums with a thread that has no point or meaning?

That's what I thought.
i thought the point of this thread was to point out we haven't got a f.o.f. today or a good one in awhile.

P

Pax

Pax

Here is your post (dated 8-10-2008 in the thread *you* started named "Will the Dev Team Ever do anything about Felucca?") saying that you would *reactivate* your account:

Re: Will the Dev Team Ever do anything about Felucca?

(http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=794018#post794018 is the proper post URL.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maplestone
If they did, would you show any appreciation?

Yes, I'd reactivate my account. What other appreciation do they need?
Pretty clear statement.

Look, you come across as, over-all, a decent sort of person in your posts, it's just that you're very outspoken (and extremely prolific in your post generation) on a game you admit you are *currently* not playing. I can understand if UO fascinates you even if you aren't actively playing, but you've got replies in almost every thread. Why?

If UO means so much to you that, even when you don't have an active account, you seem obsessed with it, reactivate your account. The events lately have been great, and promise to continue being fun. Get off these boards and join the in-game fun!

Be well - Pax

PS - Forgot... many of us have the same (or similar) sigs because we followed this link, took the quiz, liked what it said and so decided to use the results as our sig :):

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How many bloody holiday days do u get in the freaking usa ??? last month was 4th july vaction ...lol ...now summer vacation?? wtf ///....we get maybe 6-7 bank holidays in the uk.....GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

OH and Connor G !! your quote made me soooo LOL!!

''Why do you continue to play UO? You seem to hate everything about it, yet you keep spouting off the same negative drivel day after day.''.............LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLOLOLLOLLLOLOLLL

Are taking the pee!! REALLY ???? u have got to be the most negative person towards UO on the whole boards!!! NO JOKE!!

C

Connor_Graham

i thought the point of this thread was to point out we haven't got a f.o.f. today or a good one in awhile.
And when have we EVER had the FoF posted at 8:57 AM? A bit premature don't ya think? As far as "good", that's subjective.

J

Joyous2K

Take a break dude.

I'm with this guy. THe game stinks, so stop subbing and posting. The town hall pretty much spells it out... making the game better takes significant dev time and significant dev effort, it didn't sound like they were enthused about, or planning on, doing that. Resub if they make the game good.

There is plenty of other stuff to entertain you too.

A

Azazel of LA

*Sings* WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG ....... WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG *Sings*

Time to get new sources , eh?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I can live without a five on friday, it's no big deal. Alcohol is a depressant, turns people negative, whiney, crabby, you get the picture.....
and to the guy who asked about our holidays.....we take as many as we can get.

We got the gusto to do it....besides, all work and no play.....why be alive??

later:danceb:

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
{
drinkbeerallday.newbie = true;
Jeremy.OnTopOfThings = true;
Me.Laugh = true;
}

And that concludes our code lesson for this evening.

L

LeeHarvey

{
drinkbeerallday.newbie = true;
Jeremy.OnTopOfThings = true;
Me.Laugh = true;
}
Way to go, now he'll be criticizing the code you wrote. He's a long time player of your game, you were just to "arrogant" to notice his monthly payments.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:danceb:
Keep up the good work! I enjoy youre posts. Youre spot on most of the time. Youre saying exactly what im thinking

Dont let the buggers get you down!

:danceb:

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if Honey Nut Cheerios and Lucky Charms got into a fight, Honey Nut Cheerios would win. I mean, the leprechaun guy looks like he might be able to handle himself pretty well, but the bee could call in reinforcements, and totally own. Plus I believe that Honey Nut clearly denotes higher testosterone levels as compared to "Lucky Charms".

Of course, being of Irish descent, I would never count out our charming friend. Oh no indeed. It would be a good fight.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is your post (dated 8-10-2008 in the thread *you* started named "Will the Dev Team Ever do anything about Felucca?") saying that you would *reactivate* your account:

(http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=794018#post794018 is the proper post URL.)

Quote:

Pretty clear statement.
one of my accounts was inactive when i said that. (and still is)

it was really just meant to be a general statement meaning that subscription numbers are really the only thanks they should need especially considering that the majority of the playerbase do not frequent these forums.

i just didn't feel like editorializing it, so i made it a quick personal statement. anyway it was true i have one inactive account. i have never said i wasn't playing UO. actually i've said exactly the opposite multiple times.

this whole thing is reminiscent of Jerome Corsi's new book which is full of lies/assumptions about Senator Obama. you assumed i don't play UO which is especially silly considering my knowledge of the game.

PS - Forgot... many of us have the same (or similar) sigs because we followed this link, took the quiz, liked what it said and so decided to use the results as our sig :):
i know that's how you came to be using the same sig. i was wondering why you would want to do that because it is confusing.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many bloody holiday days do u get in the freaking usa ??? last month was 4th july vaction ...lol ...now summer vacation?? wtf ///....we get maybe 6-7 bank holidays in the uk.....GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!
i'm sure UO developers get 4 weeks vacation time to go along with their $75,000+ a year salary. at least 2 weeks.

plus in the US August is a lazy month especially in the public sector.

P

Pax

Quote:

Pretty clear statement.
one of my accounts was inactive when i said that. (and still is)

it was really just meant to be a general statement meaning that subscription numbers are really the only thanks they should need especially considering that the majority of the playerbase do not frequent these forums.

i just didn't feel like editorializing it, so i made it a quick personal statement. anyway it was true i have one inactive account. i have never said i wasn't playing UO. actually i've said exactly the opposite multiple times.
Very well, I accept your explanation. I don't follow your posts, except as they might appear in threads I'm involved in. I've found over my years of participating in Usenet that restatements are necessary if I want to be clear to everyone reading me. When you make a statement such as the one above, you should clarify it right then, so as not to confuse those of us who don't know you.

this whole thing is reminiscent of Jerome Corsi's new book which is full of lies/assumptions about Senator Obama. you assumed i don't play UO which is especially silly considering my knowledge of the game.
Have it as you will. Clarity is the responsibilty of the one speaking. When words are all we have, then those words should be clear. That's true for everyone who wishes to communicate, whether it be a politician or a private citizen.

By the way, your knowledge of the game could be gleaned from having once played UO and then kept abreast of the game by reading here on Stratics, it's a wealth of information.

If you attack someone, remember, just as it is true for you, the person you've chosen to be at odds with probably has people on here who like them.

i know that's how you came to be using the same sig. i was wondering why you would want to do that because it is confusing.
It's only confusing if you choose to make it so. :D

Be well - Pax

G

GAMBIT35

Dude. you have almost 12.5k posts for a crappy game no one plays anymore. I think you are the one with the problem.