• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not trying to beat this horse but...

zombie187

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Returning player and it seems a lot has changed. I feel my sampire is currently a confused soul just looking for something to hunt. Was hoping someone could look at my build and tell me what they would do because I am confused with so many varying opinions. I prefer to solo things and was wondering if I could possibly solo things like Doom, the Roof, and higher end stuff. I don't mind stoning things in and out for various encounters but I'd like a base build.

Side note. I do hear some say no chiv? I like the idea of not having to do all the nonsense for the encounter and relying on supers but I am not sure if that is out of date or not. Plus how do they travel? Just scrolls in the rune book? That would be weird lol.

Swords -120/120
Bushido - 118.5/120
Anatomy - 115/115 (Do I drop this all together?)
Chivalry - 103.4/120 (Does this go to 120 or is it supposed to be 80?)
Tactics - 110/110 (Do I need to buy the 120 scroll?)
Parry - 60/120 (This stays at 60 right?)
Necro - 75.5/120 (Taking this to 100 or 99? I didn't have it at all before and I used 100% ML and LL.)
Resist Spells - 100/120 (Stoned currently.)

My suit is in need of some love but I will piece it together. With all the new places to hunt I just don't know what to build for at all. Champ spawns are okay but not really something I care to do unless something has changed. Do they only drop the PS? I believe I mainly hunted blood elementals before in Shame.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
No need to take necromancy above 100 pts on a sampire.

120 swords, 120 bushido and 60 parry allows you to get the increased mana reduction per special move. That's 300 combined points.

110 to 120 tactics is almost negligible. The damage increase from 110 to 120 isn't much at all. Maybe 1 or 2 points for your damage output on status bar.

I have tried both anatomy and resist spells on my sampire. I don't think I'll be adding anatomy back on my character anytime soon. Although it comes down to what you are trying to do on the character. We have seen this debated on different threads before.

Chivalry is very useful although taking it to 120 doesn't work for myself given my build. I run 65 chiv, would like it around 80 but that's what works for me.

Champs drop ps, masteries and replicas/rares.

Anyways just trying to help out. It's been a learning curve for myself too but eventually things come together :)

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Basically what Dingo said. I run with 50 chiv. I carry +15 jewels and the lance/shield for ressing people. Neira is the only champ spawn that you need chiv on. With the 50 chiv, I fizzle a few times with SJ, but that doesnt bother me at all. If you are running away from someone, hit your emergency macro, and it will cast while you run. Too easy.

*edit: You don't really 'need' chiv for neira....it would help tho.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run 120 swords/bush/parry/tactics, gm necro, 50 chiv, 90 resist with +30 on jewels. I have other skills on stones for swapping in/out for diff things.

zombie187

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for all the advice. I maxed out all the skills with scrolls and now I need to revamp my suit, its lacking, to say the least. Where would an up and coming sampire hunt for items? I have the gold but I prefer hunting for my items since its the main reason I enjoy the game. So much stuff to sort through. I have been getting reacquainted with just playing him again on easy stuff. Almost all 70s on res for my suit and I have some of the staple items like mace and shield and what not, unless that's changed. Thinking about buying the tinker legs I keep seeing. With my current setup I was doing bloods back in the day. Maybe balrons would be good? Anyway thanks for all the help so far.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Umm, honestly, roof and exodus are good for armor pieces. If you are low on funds, take ur samp to miasma. Lock pick the chests, sell the lvl 6 fel maps for 1mil a pop, vendor search for better armor.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm one that's 100% against having chiv on my sampire, except for special events like this past Halloween. When fighting something that has a slayer, using the specific slayer or double stacking the super slayer will cap you out with the damage modifier. This makes enemy of one useless. I also use elemental weapons removing the need for consecrate weapon. Instead of runebooks, I use a runic atlas to recall since it has 100 charges and holds more runes.

The only reason to have chiv is if you are fighting something that doens't have a slayer or you plan on using divine fury for the ssi boost. I personally don't fight something without a slayer on my sampire, instead I use a tamer.

But to each their own, that's just my opinion from a min/max kind of guy.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run with no SSI or DI on my weapons because of max chiv, so it's pretty useful.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many ways to skin a cat. Personally, I don't have di on my wpns and don't need ssi on my wpns either. I run with fiddy chiv. Both are playable. Both work.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many ways to skin a cat. Personally, I don't have di on my wpns and don't need ssi on my wpns either. I run with fiddy chiv. Both are playable. Both work.
What weapons are you using? I don't have DI on my weapons but I have to put SSI on a double axe.

Just brainstorming:
Cameo 5ssi 20di or Soldier's/Duelists 20di or Mana Phasing 15di
Animated Legs 10ssi 10di
Gloves of Feudal Grip 30di
ring 10ssi, 20di
bracelet 10ssi 20di
Prismatic Lenses 25di
Ranger's Cloak 5ssi
Town bonus 5ssi

Man, I guess I really didn't think about it when I made my suits. I may need to re-do my main sampire's now. I'm till curious for what you use @chester rockwell

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry also gives the option for Sampire to Res. I believe the penalty for Chivalry Res is to high.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heartwood enhanced with hci/di on each piece.

I broke my samp down about a few weeks ago and am using a high stam suit rn. Ssi, di, on jewels, cameo, cc, ranger's cloak, mace and shield....and going with 0 chiv.....works pretty good. Not on atm to get the full layout info. I'm on atlantic, always in help chat, smails.