• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not sure which way to go

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have this NM (dark metallic according to the K's awesome web site)
SMNM.PNG
But I'm not sure which way to go with him. On the one hand, I thought Mysticism might be fun and threw down a rough plan for one (this is not set in stone either, I'll probably make a few changes)
SMNMMY.PNG
On the other hand, there is magery or magery mastery (again not a final plan and this one has the magery mastery)
SMNMMM.PNG
I really want to like magery mastery but the pet casting protection at the worst possible time scares me, lol. However, it does give the best use of the available points my pet gets (magery too). Magery also is being considered, but I plan to stay magery on my void, so why have 2 with the same magic?!?

Thoughts?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I have this NM (dark metallic according to the K's awesome web site)
View attachment 91761
But I'm not sure which way to go with him. On the one hand, I thought Mysticism might be fun and threw down a rough plan for one (this is not set in stone either, I'll probably make a few changes)
View attachment 91762
On the other hand, there is magery or magery mastery (again not a final plan and this one has the magery mastery)
View attachment 91763
I really want to like magery mastery but the pet casting protection at the worst possible time scares me, lol. However, it does give the best use of the available points my pet gets (magery too). Magery also is being considered, but I plan to stay magery on my void, so why have 2 with the same magic?!?

Thoughts?
I have magery mastery on my unicorn and like it. They don't cast protection, they sometimes cast magic reflect, not that big of a deal but it would be nice if the devs stopped that.

I love mystic too though. So many good spells.

Main difference is mystic has a lot of area spells, so I would make your choice with that in mind and what you plan to use this mare for.

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hand a really crazy idea. But I doubt it’ll work. What if I picked poison then either vicious bite or poison breath (more likely this one) then next round pick magery mastery? Crazy idea or could it be useful?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To add to that crazy thought. Going, say poison breath (clearly instead of armor ignore), would it be wrong to go 700 int and then max str from there? I'm thinking 700 int to give a bit more power to spell damage and maybe, just maybe, help s bit with mana regen.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So magery mastery + poison breath. What would you use him for?

Personally I'd rather have mystic and armor ignore, but that would cost more training points.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To add to that crazy thought. Going, say poison breath (clearly instead of armor ignore), would it be wrong to go 700 int and then max str from there? I'm thinking 700 int to give a bit more power to spell damage and maybe, just maybe, help s bit with mana regen.
I don't think pets Intel affects the spell damage of of the pet.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So magery mastery + poison breath. What would you use him for?

Personally I'd rather have mystic and armor ignore, but that would cost more training points.
I agree, it is very crazy.
I'm really leaning towards mystic and ai. I think it could be a fun build on the mare

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Int does affect SDI of pets, but nowhere near what str does for melee.

Take a stygian drake, and let it cast a spell at something, record it.
Then do the same with a fresh mare or unicorn.

Damage will be close enough that you will see its meh