• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not sure where to post this..odd thing on Stratics

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know how, but this persons picture and profile came up on my computer.

Don't know who the lovely face belongs to, but isn't mine!

Shows as a visitor, but has a profile picture as if she was logged on under an account.

(changed guest user to visitor)

Attachments

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have seen that poster. Not a visitor.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Their user name is in your screenshot. She's the governor of Trinsic on GL.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Their user name is in your screenshot. She's the governor of Trinsic on GL.

Clarification of this virtual occurrence:

Yup. I seen her name, it was as if I was logged in as her. I know her name isn't my name Dot, that's was clued me in when I logged in. LOL it didn't say Gidge. :) I just didn't put (write, inscribe, jot down) her name in the post. :p

I was just saying I didn't know her as it, she has never been to my home and used my computer. That kinda of "I don't know her" or her face.

Of course... I don't play GL at all, so even at that, I still don't know her or why it showed up on my computer.

Who she is is not important, but why the stratics system crossed wires... (okay, before i get burned for wires, theoretically speaking, I am not using wireless thus somewhere wires exist and info travels from stratics to my computer)... thus presenting me with her account.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Clarification of this virtual occurrence:

Yup. I seen her name, it was as if I was logged in as her. I know her name isn't my name Dot, that's was clued me in when I logged in. LOL it didn't say Gidge. :) I just didn't put (write, inscribe, jot down) her name in the post. :p

I was just saying I didn't know her as it, she has never been to my home and used my computer. That kinda of "I don't know her" or her face.

Of course... I don't play GL at all, so even at that, I still don't know her or why it showed up on my computer.

Who she is is not important, but why the stratics system crossed wires... (okay, before i get burned for wires, theoretically speaking, I am not using wireless thus somewhere wires exist and info travels from stratics to my computer)... thus presenting me with her account.
Totally weird as I can't see how that could happen... Perhaps asking someone higher up the food chain here might help... like @Nexus He'd be the one to know I'd think. Or @Oscar the Grouch ... they seem to know more than most about such things.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've seen this before, for some reason it occasionally happens when you are viewing the Wiki. We've been waiting for an update to the plugin that bridges Xenforo and Mediawiki together, to fix it.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've seen this before, for some reason it occasionally happens when you are viewing the Wiki. We've been waiting for an update to the plugin that bridges Xenforo and Mediawiki together, to fix it.
NO WIKI FOR YOU!!!!

I have a wiki page stuck in my drop down to get here, so that explains that. :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Only a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk