• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NOT MEANT FOR LONG THREAD BUT A QUESTION???

N

nobuttkisser

This isn't meant to start a long thread I mearly want to know the primary function of "stores" in EA Land as it pertains to selling/buying back items a sim user may or may not have on their land or inventory.. thanks you may answer, or direct me to where it may or may not have been posted in the past, then lock and thank you

A

ayla02

Yeah that is the primary function but good luck finding someone not AFK to sell them anything. Mostly they are used for CC which is cool but when looking for something from the catalog you can be hard pressed to find it on a store lot or anyone there to get it for u. I hate shopping in real life and am not thrilled about having to do it during my escape from real life, But thats the way it is folks. LOL

I

imported_Gracie Nito

It took awhile fore the idea of resale shops to take hold in TC3 and with all the flooded merchandise coming from old cities, I expect it will be awhile before we see the emergence of resale shops.

Currently the "store" features of the game are in upheaval from changes taking place and with the flood of objects coming from old cities.

I expect the free market will take care of itself in due time. I believe once the game for stores is finally tuned and people learn how to play the store game, you will see more stores and many more objects being bought and sold.

G

I don't know about selling items to stores, as I haven't been able to try this yet, but I do know that there are good stores out there who do pay attention to their customers. I went to Best Buy in EA-Land yesterday in a search for a basic tip jar. It just happened to be the first store I landed in, so no particular reason for having chosen this store. Anyways, when I landed, I was promptly greeted, and asked if there was anything I needed. I returned the greeting and told him that I was just looking around. I looked around the place for about 5-10 minutes, saw lots of neat stuff, but no tip jars. So I asked if he had any avaiable. He was very nice, very courteous, and I had a small assortment of tip jars at my feet within seconds!

Okay, anyways, so much for keeping this post short...
But the point is, finding a store manned by a real live human is not hard, and most of these stores will bend over backward to get you what you need if you ask nicely.